Hacking Question Unable to open Local Communication for Pokemon SS

EndymionXTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've updated my Modded Switch to 10.0.4IAMS 0.12.0IE using ChoiDujourNX.

Steps I tried.
1. Updated my switch from 10.0.1 to 10.0.4 using ChoiDujourNX
2. Inserted the game cartridge into my other CLEAN switch to update the cartridge (or so i think I did) it updated took about 4 minutes.

Issue Encountered:
try to open Y-Comm in game it says "Your software version is out of date, so you can't connect to other players... If you want to communicate with others, you must update your software. Check the official website for more details".

Solution Goal:
To be able to open Y-Comm in the game and open local connection to trade my PKHEX pokemon into my clean switch

EndymionXTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have the latest game update installed?
Isn't that the update that usually pops up if im connected to the internet? I did plug it into my other switch to update the game. THen i plugged it back into the modded switch

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't that the update that usually pops up if im connected to the internet? I did plug it into my other switch to update the game. THen i plugged it back into the modded switch
The game update must be installed to the Switch, not the game cartridge. While on the Pokemon game on the main menu, press the Plus button. It should show version 1.1.1 installed for the game. My guess is there are no game updates installed.

EndymionXTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The game update must be installed to the Switch, not the game cartridge. While on the Pokemon game on the main menu, press the Plus button. It should show version 1.1.1 installed for the game. My guess is there are no game updates installed.

Doesn't that mean I need to connect to the internet though to update the game?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't that mean I need to connect to the internet though to update the game?
There are several ways to update the game on your hacked Switch:
  1. Update normally using the eShop. This is NOT recommended, since you could be banned for using CFW. You should have 90DNS or Incognito installed if the Switch is connected to the internet in order to prevent a ban, which would also block this method.
  2. Install the 1.1.1 update NSP using your favorite NSP installer. This can be done over a USB or FTP connection.
  3. Install the 1.1.1 update using HBG (or something like it) over the internet
Option #3 is probably the easiest.

EndymionXTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are several ways to update the game on your hacked Switch:
  1. Update normally using the eShop. This is NOT recommended, since you could be banned for using CFW. You should have 90DNS or Incognito installed if the Switch is connected to the internet in order to prevent a ban, which would also block this method.
  2. Install the 1.1.1 update NSP using your favorite NSP installer. This can be done over a USB or FTP connection.
  3. Install the 1.1.1 update using HBG (or something like it) over the internet
Option #3 is probably the easiest.

Can you give me a step by step how to do option 3? lol Please and thanks :D

EndymionXTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
  1. Download HBG
  2. Open it while connected to the internet
  3. Install any updates that are available
Oh i figured it out.

If you have another switch, just do a local update. On your normal switch Pres start > software update > match local version

create group on the normal switch click join on the hacked switch

and boom your hacked switch game will be updated locally from your normal switch

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh i figured it out.

If you have another switch, just do a local update. On your normal switch Pres start > software update > match local version

create group on the normal switch click join on the hacked switch

and boom your hacked switch game will be updated locally from your normal switch
That's another way to do it, yes.

Reactions: EndymionXTV

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.