Unable to launch legit game after having NSP version installed

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by DaniPoo, Sep 19, 2018.

1. DaniPoo
    OP

DaniPoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 2, 2013
    hi guys,
    I had an NSP version of a game installed and that worked fine. I liked the game so I bought and downloaded it for real after first deleting the NSP version. Now the legit version won’t launch.

I would guess that a ticket from the NSP is causing this or something.

Have you experienced the same? Is there a way to fix it?

2. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    Did you get an error message or something? At least give us something to work with

3. studio1b

studio1b GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    NEW YORK CITY
    That is correct once you installed the nsp with a diffrent key it replaced the key so now your game only will work on the modded side. Unless you replace the tix of the legit game

Last edited by studio1b, Sep 19, 2018
    Draxzelex likes this.
  4. DaniPoo
    OP

Jan 2, 2013
    Is there anyway to do this? Or maybe remove the ticket somehow and then redownload the game?
    how about unlinking the system and relink it again somehow?

5. Taorn

Taorn GBAtemp Regular

May 27, 2017
    United States
    Afaik Tinfoil has an option to remove installed tickets. You could look there.

6. DaniPoo
    OP

Jan 2, 2013
    Well so I found 2 tickets under "common tickets" in tinfoil for the game, Deleted them.
    Then when I launched the game it basically said that I cannot play it because I have not purchased it.
    So I deleted the game again and went to the eshop to re-download the game. We'll see what happens after thats done. It's Monster Hunter so it will take a while with my sh*tty internet connection.

7. DaniPoo
    OP

Jan 2, 2013
    It worked, Deleted the game as well as the tickets for the game under "common tickets", redownloaded the game and now it works fine.

8. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    but why would you do this, you're almost 200% guaranteed to be banned shortly, aren't you?

9. DaniPoo
    OP

Jan 2, 2013
    If im getting banned then so be it :)
    I atleast I tested it and it did work. Now I am running a legit version of Monster Hunter after having the NSP version installed.
    If they ban me I'll just buy a new Switch and thats the end of that.

Also I don't see the point in being as paranoid as everyone seems to be.
    I havnt been banned so far (and I did expect a ban tbh)...

I dunno what the people who gets banned are doing, probably more then the let people know.

Last edited by DaniPoo, Sep 19, 2018