Unable to fully charge battery

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by g4med4d, Sep 23, 2008.

1. g4med4d
    OP

g4med4d GBAtemp Regular

Sep 7, 2007
    United States
    I've a slim PSP battery that I could not charge beyond 47%-50%, is the battery bad or something?

2. pepsibluehawk87

pepsibluehawk87 GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2008
    United States
    Everywhere yet nowhere
    What do you mean? It gets there and then it just stops?

3. g4med4d
    OP

g4med4d GBAtemp Regular

Sep 7, 2007
    United States
    I've the AC adapter plugged in and the 'power' LED is orange. I checked the 'Battery Information' and it showed 47%. About a few hours later, it still shows 47%. Seems like the battery is half dead?

4. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    i'm guessing the battery needs replacing or check to make sure the mains charger is working, sometimes plug sockets can get a short fuse and damage electrics, i have surge protectors for all my electricals because of this.

5. g4med4d
    OP

g4med4d GBAtemp Regular

Sep 7, 2007
    United States
    Finally realized what the problem is. It's my AC charger. It's not an original charger but I do not know why it will never charge the battery fully. I used the USB charger today and was able to get the battery to 100%. This is strange.

6. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    An "original" charger? Meaning a third party charger? I didn't know they existed.

I always use the USB connection to charge my PSP Slim, although sometimes I use the PSP Phat charger for both the Phat and the Slim. I'm just too lazy to use the Slim charger that's tucked away in a draw somewhere, but it works all the same.