Unable to access VSH 6.60 PRO-C2

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by idllotsaroms, Jun 21, 2014.

1. idllotsaroms
    OP

idllotsaroms Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2012
    United States
    Hello, I'm trying to update my PSP to 6.60 PRO-C2. I have a PSP 2000 TA-085.

I created a MMS and used a friends pandora to install 5.00 m33-4 and from there I installed the 6.60 OFW and then used the PRO C2 updater that comes with the CIPL and Fast Recovery. It seems that the CIPL doesnt work for me because when I completely power off, I am back in 6.60 OFW. After using Fast Recovery I can get to 6.60 PRO-C2 again. I also moved all the seplugins files to the seplugins folder in my psp. However, I am unable to access the VSH menu through pressing select. There are similar issues to mine:
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/cant-get-into-recovery.342638/
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/cant-access-vsh-or-recovery-menu.364569/

Furthermore, I know that my select button, home button, start button are functioning correctly. Not sure what I did incorrectly... I've also uploaded some images of what my game and seplugin folder look like.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    You ran the update first then the CIPL Flasher I assume. What is the readout when you run the CIPL Flasher?

3. idllotsaroms
    OP

idllotsaroms Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2012
    United States
    Yup run the CIPL flasher after I updated. It reads:
    Custom IPL Flasher for 6.60
    Custom IPL is installed
    Press X to Reinstall CIPL
    Press O to Erase CIPL and Restore Raw IPL
    Press R to cancel

Edit: I've also tried to uninstall both the CIPL and Update and reinstall them and the result is the same. Still no VSH and I have to use the Fast Recovery to get back to CFW

4. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Huh, have you tried full ME CFW?

5. idllotsaroms
    OP

idllotsaroms Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2012
    United States
    So I uninstalled the 6.60 PRO CIPL and Updater and used the pandora to get back to 5.00 m33-4. Then updated to 6.60 OFW. Afterwards, I updated to 6.60 LME-2.

Upon trying to access my VSH, the PSP freezes (well not really, it seems that the VSH is open but invisible--the menu doesnt pop up but none of my psp buttons function after pressing select) then I put my PSP on standby (not full shutdown) and when the screen comes back up, the VSH menu is open, but I am unable to do anything (none of my buttons work). So pressing select does access the VSH, but it doesnt show up until I turn my PSP off and on and accessing the VSH makes my PSP buttons stop functioning (the background still moves so it is not "frozen").
    I'm also unable to enter the recovery menu by holding L or R down.

This firmware has the same issue where if I do a full shutdown I'm back at 6.60 OFW and have to run the 6.60 ME Launcher to get back to CFW.

I have another PSP 2000 that updated just fine and is able to keep the CFW even through the full shutdown : / ... The recovery mode works perfectly fine on that PSP as well as the VSH menu...

So at least I am now able to see the VSH menu after pressing select, even though I cant do anything haha...

Thought this would be worth mentioning: I also realized that when I accessed the VSH on the 5.00 m33-4 It would work perfectly fine, but when I pressed exit, my PSP would freeze--had to do a hard boot to get my PSP working again.

Edit2: I'm able to access the 6.60 recovery menu by holding L and R down (I hold both of them because I forgot which button is the right one to access the recovery menu) right after launching the 6.60 ME Launcher

6. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Huh, try completely wiping your NAND and use the Pandora Battery to install a fresh copy of 5.00 M33 and go from there. If it still has problems, you could have one of those odd motherboards or your NAND could be going bad.

7. idllotsaroms
    OP

idllotsaroms Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2012
    United States
    Okay, Ill try that, but I've never wiped my NAND before would this be the appropriate procedure:

1) Insert your Pandora Magic Memory Stick into your PSP followed by the Pandora battery. The PSP will turn on and you will be presented with the Pandora menu.
    2) Select "NAND Operations" from the main menu. Select "ID Storage Tools" and select your region. Select "Get Real Mac" and the PSP's IDstorage will be reinstalled.
    3) Select "Restore NAND" and your PSP NAND will be restored. Select "Reboot Device."

IF so after I did step 2 a message told me that 2937 and 2941 were bad? Do I proceed to step 3?

8. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    If those are coming up, then it's probably safe to assume that all the backup sectors are being used, so it sounds like the NAND is just going bad. PSPs are generally fairly cheap now, so if it becomes too much of a problem then just grab another one. I'd go ahead and get it back on 6.60 Pro/ME and just use the program for rebooting into CFW mode. Trying to recover bad sectors on something like that generally just makes it worse.

9. idllotsaroms
    OP

idllotsaroms Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2012
    United States

Alright thanks for the help!

10. idllotsaroms
    OP

idllotsaroms Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2012
    United States
    UPDATE (for anyone who has the same issue as me): Restored back to 5.00 OFW with my Pandora and then updated to 6.20 OFW. Afterwards, I installed (L)ME Firmware 6.20-2 (this CFW is recommended for newer PSPs like 3000 or GO). I then launched the LME Launcher and afterwards ran the LME Permanent Patch. My PSP can now completely turn off and I will still be in CFW after turning on my device.

The VSH menu is still not working, but all the options I want to access are accessible through the recovery menu. To access that I just held down R after running the LME Launcher.

Edit: Now that I can power off completely with CFW, I can just hold down R when booting to get to the recovery menu.