2yugimoto

Trophies
Website
megagamerz.synthasite.com
XP
Country
United States
uhh assasda,

i kinda wanted to use the wirless internet but online i heard we must keep wiiconnect 24 off so i turned it off , now i cant connect to wirless internet , ive tried on my psp and laptop and it worked but on the wii it dident so i know it was wiiconnect24 so i want to turn it back on and ive tried every thing please tell me

help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

duplo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are there any advantages by updating like in this guide? I mean why not just install cIOS and update through Nintendo.

Hmm.. I really want to know.

ricflairandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Can ayone help please

Ive followed the install guide, but accidentally clicked yes to ios61 insteaqd of no in the guide. Does that make a big difference?

Also, when i was at the stage of 3.2u last night, i could run punchout from usb loader gx perfectly , and played it quite a bit.Yet now, after completing the upgrade to 4 i just get a black screen.

Any ideas , its driving me mad?

thanks

Bumcats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, little problem. I checked the search section but don't think I saw what I needed help in. So I was updating my Wii to 4.0. I did everything like the front page said. When I get to step 4 where it says to run the updater, I do so. Than it goes to a Black Screen with nothing written. The Wii is still on and everything and let it there for awhile thinking that it may still be updating. It's been on for over 5 mins now. I doubt this is a normal step, but not sure what I should do now. I was originally on 3.2U. While writing this I barely just realize that I had a USB device connected. I know they mention not to have GC stuff connected, would the USB device also cause it to pause? Should I remove it or should I reset the system? Any help would do.

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cosmo2389: nope no need to uninstall anything

AdamBrunt: use FAT16. both guides do the same thing

generalguy said:
Does the offline install include the waninkoko pseudo-upgrade to 4.0 as well?
yupp. it includes IOS38 IOS53 and IOS55 for new games and it obviously includes IOS60 and IOS61 for 4.0 menu

exile said:
So I am not having any issues to speak of, but when I went to play punchout today it asked me to update my system files. I didn't and instead loaded it from Gecko to avoid the update process.

My question is shouldn't it see that it is up to date at system 4.0 and not think it needs an update still from the disc? Or is that because some of the files are patched that it wants to still update it? Would preloader fix this, by installing that and checking the "skip disc update check"?
Yes that is what preloader fixes
rolleyes.gif
I dont understand why people dont like preloader... even if you dont use the features it doesnt have any drawbacks

2yugimoto said:
i kinda wanted to use the wirless internet but online i heard we must keep wiiconnect 24 off so i turned it off , now i cant connect to wirless internet , ive tried on my psp and laptop and it worked but on the wii it dident so i know it was wiiconnect24 so i want to turn it back on and ive tried every thing please tell me
you can leave wiiconnect24 on. clear your internet settings and reset them.

Code:
Are there any advantages by updating like inÂÂthis guide? I mean why not just install cIOS and update through Nintendo. 

Hmm.. I really want to know.
you keep trucha bugged IOS files, are able to run WADs from the SD Channel. This guide also explains how to install cios if you have a virgin 4.0

QUOTE(ricflairandy @ May 23 2009, 12:50 PM) Ive followed the install guide, but accidentally clicked yes to ios61 insteaqd of no in the guide. Does that make a big difference?

Also, when i was at the stage of 3.2u last night, i could run punchout from usb loader gx perfectly , and played it quite a bit.Yet now, after completing the upgrade to 4 i just get a black screen.
nope no big deal about IOS61. im not too sure about punch out though... maybe try a different usb loader? or reinstall the latest CIOS

QUOTE(Bumcats @ May 23 2009, 12:54 PM)
Ok, little problem. I checked the search section but don't think I saw what I needed help in. So I was updating my Wii to 4.0. I did everything like the front page said. When I get to step 4 where it says to run the updater, I do so. Than it goes to a Black Screen with nothing written. The Wii is still on and everything and let it there for awhile thinking that it may still be updating. It's been on for over 5 mins now. I doubt this is a normal step, but not sure what I should do now. I was originally on 3.2U. While writing this I barely just realize that I had a USB device connected. I know they mention not to have GC stuff connected, would the USB device also cause it to pause? Should I remove it or should I reset the system? Any help would do.
make sure you use WIFI not ethernet and try removing all usb plugs and gamecube cards/controllers. It should be safe to turn the console off as long as it isnt in the middle of installing something.

SONYEDDIE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm at the step "11) Run WAD-Manager_v1.4 again. Choose IOS249 and install WADs 01-18". What are WADs 01-18? Is it like ios01/02..etc? I don't know how to search/find them.

Bumcats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
assassda said:
make sure you use WIFI not ethernet and try removing all usb plugs and gamecube cards/controllers. It should be safe to turn the console off as long as it isnt in the middle of installing something.
Yeah, I turned it off assuming it wouldn't brick cause nothing was being installed. It turns on and everything. Haven't tried it again yet. I'm thinking maybe I should install preloader now before I do it again just in case of brick. My friend said I should install it after I get 4.0.

To my second question. If I install preloader now at 3.2U, do I need to install it again at 4.0?

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SONYEDDIE said:
I'm at the step "11) Run WAD-Manager_v1.4 again. Choose IOS249 and install WADs 01-18". What are WADs 01-18? Is it like ios01/02..etc? I don't know how to search/find them.
they are in the WAD folder created by prepare.bat labeled 01.IOS11, 02.IOS12, ...

QUOTE(Bumcats @ May 23 2009, 01:54 PM) Yeah, I turned it off assuming it wouldn't brick cause nothing was being installed. It turns on and everything. Haven't tried it again yet. I'm thinking maybe I should install preloader now before I do it again just in case of brick. My friend said I should install it after I get 4.0.

To my second question. If I install preloader now at 3.2U, do I need to install it again at 4.0?
if you get a message that says "Sytem files are corrupt" then you will need to hold RESET and boot the HBC to install preloader again

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
SONYEDDIE said:

When you prepared the files on your PC it created a SD folder - the contents of which you should have copied to your SD card.

If you've done this then WADS 01-18 are simply the first 18 WAD files as listed on WAD Manager 1.4 (they are even numbered as such).

2yugimoto

Trophies
Website
megagamerz.synthasite.com
XP
Country
United States
2yugimoto said:
uhh assasda,

help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i keep getting a message saying to turn on wiiconnect 24 and shop channal accept user agreement, i click on user agreement and it gives me nothing but back to wii connect 24... so id like to turn it on and i dont know how please help!

ive tried ever thing so can you please write down exactly what you want me to do to get it back on? (as a 100% noob to understand)

(ive only had a wii for less then 2 months and this is first time using the internet so im not so familiar with it)

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
2yugimoto said:
i keep getting a message saying to turn on wiiconnect 24 and shop channal accept user agreement, i click on user agreement and it gives me nothing but back to wii connect 24... so id like to turn it on and i dont know how please help!

ive tried ever thing so can you please write down exactly what you want me to do to get it back on? (as a 100% noob to understand)

(ive only had a wii for less then 2 months and this is first time using the internet so im not so familiar with it)
accept the agreement. do whatever it says. go to internet option and clear them all. then pick new connection and set it to wireless and pick your access point. when the connection test finishes it should say "do you want to update?" click no and then follow this guide

assassda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
theres an option called format wii system memory. if you are having this much trouble you should try it

please PM me with further problems

rootbeerking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finally got around to doing this, only I seem to have a problem, I don't see the SD icon on the system menu and when i checked my system it still says I have 3.2U instead of 4.0U, did something go wrong?

I should also mention the wii shop channel is telling me there is an update... Please help me, I really want to buy some new wiiware games.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just ran the 4.0 updater again and that time it worked.

Amarabha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for that guide, dude!

It worked fine for me. I updated from 3.2e with MiiWii (because of Disc-Channel loading and Region free gaming) to 4.0e. All my apps are working so far. I rejected to install cioscorp again on 4.0e because I don't want to f**k up my system. Disc-Channel loading is not a must have for me...it used to be pretty and my wife didn't have to use Backup Launcher, but she made it and is now able to use Backup Launcher and USBLoader
wink.gif

My custom health warning screen is also gone but that's another thing I don't really care about. Finally, the only NTSC game I am playing (No more Heroes because of Violence Settings in PAL Version (damn german Parental Control laws forces you to play without blood even if you are 24^^!)) works flawless if I force PAL60 Mode within USBLoader.

So, nothing to be angry about.

Amarabha

Amarabha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
bubbleboy said:
WANINKOKOS method will BRICK JAP AND KOREAN WIIs.. I think that belongs on the first page.

I think you should also mention that at least ~350 Free Blocks are required on the Wii to run Waninkoko's 4.0 Updater. A friend of mine brickes his Wii because of having only 250 Blocks free

Bumcats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm installing 4.0 right now and it's taking it's time. Honestly, how long did it take you guys to get it installed? Cause it's been going longer than 5 mins. I see no errors though so I don't know. I just assume it wouldn't take too long.

EDIT: It updated. I was just kinda scared that it took almost 20 mins just to update. Just wasn't sure to expect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also