Hacking Uloader 4.9 RB2 Custom

ExLex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i already try:

1. Unpack the contents an copy *.app to HDD. (DONT WORK)
2. recrypt-all with "DLC packer/unpacker" then unpack and copy *.app to HDD. (DONT WORK)
2. Replace TMD from unpack files to the HDD (DONT WORK)

Thats all

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ExLex said:
i already try:

1. Unpack the contents an copy *.app to HDD. (DONT WORK)
2. recrypt-all with "DLC packer/unpacker" then unpack and copy *.app to HDD. (DONT WORK)
2. Replace TMD from unpack files to the HDD (DONT WORK)

Thats all
Works with sneek when u do this, I just ran decrypter and copied app files, didnt need tmd as already had hiarys wads installed. 700 songs showed up in downloaded list
smile.gif

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tHciNc said:
Works with sneek when u do this, I just ran decrypter and copied app files, didnt need tmd as already had hiarys wads installed. 700 songs showed up in downloaded list
smile.gif

You fail, he's not talking about pirate DLC.
QUOTEUloader 4.9 RB2 Custom, Discuss how we can get RB2 Custom to work with Uloader 4.9/Nand

grrkodiak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
King Tueidj

you are not the only people to try to get this working, your way is Rawksd. But since that it is not coming out any time soon. Can't blame Aaron for this, he is a pretty busy kid with other priority in life also.

Other people might find it interesting if there another way than RawSD to get other game songs working with RB2.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
... and I didn't say there was anything wrong with that, just that tHciNc seems not to have noticed that you were talking about customs.

ExLex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL

tueidj is right, We are talking about customs ...

That method work too in Uloader for DLC, but dont work RawkSD Customs

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm not exactly sure how the customs work, but even RawkSD should load songs into Wii memory from SD, right?
Manually copying .apps with .tmd and the correct .tik to the correct directory works for the usual DLC.
I'm thinking Customs would/should have their own directory in the Wii nand (e.g. 00010005/735a4145 for 1st gen DLC)

Would manually copying a .tik and .tmd in another dir work?
Ofcourse, you'd have to play a custom/import first, then dump nand to see where it got stored.

Or am i totally off here and don't custom songs get copied in order to play?

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The time I posted my method in the RawkSD Thread, I thought, it will work with Customs too. But in fact it doesn't. The Place where the Customs are stored on the NAND is:

X:\nand\title0010005\63524241\content

It might be not passible at all to play Customs from NAND, but since RB2 copies Songs temporary from SD to NAND to play it, I'm still in hope to get them working. To mess with all the data is kinda fun to me, so the hours of trial and error isn't like wasting my time.

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mephisto, I think it should be possible, as long as you put the title.tmd in 00010005/blah and 63524241.tik in the ticket dir?

I'll be trying this out myself as well

grrkodiak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried playing a custom from GH5 then then dump my nand and place the same DLC in the GH5 folder on the nand and it did not work. remember that RawkSD creates a folder call rawk on the SD that is propably not in the nand. I would assume that this folder has something to do with being able to play the customs

grrkodiak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am planning on deassembling Rawkd SD on see what's in it. It might be just a matter of offset a value or a list of value then redirecting. The new Rawk SD video also shoes how it is loading. I d/l the video from youtube and I'll see what's in it. It might not add to much but like quite a few people I would like to get rid of that 2GB SD limitation on RB2. I am assuming that rawkSd is build in C or C++
I have some experience with C++ but it has been a while.

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
After dumping my nand and searching out all files i found this:

Copying over .tik is probably ok to do.
Same goes for title.tmd and the .app files.

However, instinct tells me that the title and .apps are only placeholders for Rawksd
unsure.gif
, so RB2 can see at which place the songs are actually stored.
blink.gif

After loading up RB2 and inserting SD (causing a 10 minute refresh because of all the DLC
rolleyes.gif
) i can see an unreachable song upon sorting A-Z
huh.gif
(total bottom of the list, listed as category 123 with a different name than the imported song, but as soon as you try to flip to it, you end up at the top of the list)

I think the unreachable song is the custom
unsure.gif
. I kept the rawk and private folder on my SD.
I only imported 1 song from GH world tour.

I think the only way to be able to get rid of the SD is to RE the rawksd installer app to see what it actually does. And as i'm no coder/programmer, I'm gonna stay away from this until someone else finds a solution
wink.gif

Edit: Also, the file 00000000.app (my one song) is only 61kb, further confirming my suspition (
huh.gif
) that it's only a placeholder.

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Xras said:
Edit: Also, the file 00000000.app (my one song) is only 61kb, further confirming my suspition (
huh.gif
) that it's only a placeholder.

The "00000000.app" is not your song. Songs starting with "00000001.app" = Song1 preview, "00000002.app" = Song 1, "00000003.app" = Song 2 preview and so on.

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's just it.. The only file in my nand is title.tmd and 00000000.app.
RB2 says the song could not be copied to the Wii to play, yet i could play it, so my guess is it played from SD. the private folder on my sd card does contain the data.

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Xras said:
RB2 says the song could not be copied to the Wii to play, yet i could play it,

I never got this message, or just I didn't notice...

If the RawkSD Songs were directly played from SD-Card without moved to the NAND temporary, that will make me very sad xD. Anyway... can anyone confirm that?

EDIT: The RawkSongs were copied to NAND, otherwise my Space won't fill up with cIOS38 rev.17

grrkodiak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I noticed that when I installed Customs with Rawkd SD it created a folder my SD call rawk which contains a data file and a bunch of other folder named by the song names I imported. I would guess that plays an important role. It also create a RawkSD save file on the SD. Since it is taking a long time to get RawkSD 3 out,I will try another avenue to see if anything would work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning