Hacking Discussion TX SX-OS Docked Mode Feature Coming!

ninjadudexp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok lets clear something up, Dock mode would need to be something diffrent because sleep mode functions just fine, and charges in dock mode already. So for users who dont ever remove their switch from the dock already have no issues that features has already been implemented from launch. only other thing they can do with dock is HD reading and/or there own FTP system if docked users are not using homebrew. Im pretty sure their proirtiy right now are cheats and fixing bugs.

Reactions: comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok lets clear something up, Dock mode would need to be something diffrent because sleep mode functions just fine, and charges in dock mode already. So for users who dont ever remove their switch from the dock already have no issues that features has already been implemented from launch. only other thing they can do with dock is HD reading and/or there own FTP system if docked users are not using homebrew. Im pretty sure their proirtiy right now are cheats and fixing bugs.
how are you sure cheats are a priority for them right now?

ninjadudexp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how are you sure cheats are a priority for them right now?
i remember them saying it on there forums, there partnered with or was partnered with a big cheating service orgionally thats how they gained so much popularity in there hayday. ill try to find the post, but i know its definently on this list of things to do, and that would be way above furthering the dock feature that already works just fine

210modz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being able to use a external drive would be cool. I would like a way to send the payload while docked though.

Reactions: dal665

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I guess the true hardmod soldered chip inside the Switch will do everything docked and portable... 4 me its the best near future solution as softmod may take ages and might never even be released, at least some who know about the vulnerability reported that Nintendo or some company will kinda sue if they release the softmod (maybe it was SciresM who reported, can't even remember...).

justencase6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont know if this is the right area, but my switch was working fine in dock mode with sxos and it updated to 5.1.0 last night and now it wont connect in dock mode at all in ofw or sxos? anyone see this problem before?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Albytrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2tb on the wii, 2tb on the wiiu 2tb on the ps3 and 4TB on the xb360.... time to but another hard drive ready for the switch!!!

I'm waaaay ahead of you... already bought a red external 2.5 drive case for my 1TB and put a Switch logo on it hahaha. For now it's to transfer the games with my chromebook on the go :D

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So looks like we're getting usb loading soon. My hard drives are ready.

Me:
"I don't know if you've mentioned this before but USB drive would be really nice for me since I only use the switch in docked mode.

thank you very much. "

Them:
"Hello Comp,

we will have a solution in the future for docked mode only."

:)

So happy for this!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Team Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Dude, be careful of getting the Piracy Syndrome (having too much games that you don’t play any of them because you can’t decide which one to play) ... it’s really... really.. bad.
I got that syndrome with Wii U and Wii, it will not happen with Switch since I've decided go game after game!

Rel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont know if this is the right area, but my switch was working fine in dock mode with sxos and it updated to 5.1.0 last night and now it wont connect in dock mode at all in ofw or sxos? anyone see this problem before?

You updated to 5.1.0, are you using a 3rd party dock?

hellogbatemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the best would be to load the backup in docked mode on the SD card, then use it in portable mode, and then unload the backup on the hard drive at the docked connection

Last edited by hellogbatemp,

justencase6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using a Nyko dock as well that explains your issues, Nyko docks are known to damage Switch USB ports after updates.
they both worked with no problem,as soon as it went from 5.0.2 to 5.1.0 then it didnt work at all in any docks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated