Two used DS file-sharing closed !!!

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If shovelware had time and effort put into it, maybe people would like them and keep em longer?
The main rom-site I use posts recent "decent games" increasingly more often, most of the games are slightly beter shovelware.

I bet nintendo only knows about the R4 cause some stupid chav (in the UK) sent his DS off with the R4 still in.
What a stupid market the R4 targetted...

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
mine is still running, just downloaded Fire Emblem in fact
tongue.gif

Kaan

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
gnah the only thing that bugs me, is that r4 was the 4th best selling item...
i hate it, when the illegal circle begins to get bigger. Then Nintendo is more likely to do something against it :,/

Licardo7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well. Can you post the webs that are suspended? Ether way people can't use the sites because they are shut down.

Pspiso has something wrong with it. every time I open it it just changes to a different website. Anyway, NR isn't shut down and I'm happy with that.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kirbyman123 said:
is suspended
shit i always download from it
That's probably giving a bit too much away - people have been suspended for less
wink.gif

And although it is down at the moment, it could come back up at any time (as it seems the problem is the host, not action from Nintendo)

Anyway, there are so many sites it is futile to try and stop it (by this method)

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
A quick search on google will get sites like those. If Nintendo really was worried they would closed them already.

According to Nintendo about 3% of DS users are using roms. and most of them have yet to buy a DS lite. This are people that rarely spend more than $5 on gaming stuff, and those 5 dollars probably are for a magazine.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
jaxxster said:
thank goodness this will never happen to usenet
Do you live in a cave? Usenet's been under attack for awhile. It will be the first to go at this rate.

Umm...sure.
rolleyes.gif

Anyways, I really don't see why they bother. Taking down these little rom sites will do no good at all. Nintendo games will always be available for illegal download through one file sharing method or another.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
...fancy bothering to make a post after registering 7 months ago, only for it to blatantly break the site rules. That said, I don't think its necessary for users to submit such 'news' with new threads anyway, as it will always inevitably lead to such breaches of rules.
C'mon Mods, let's get serious with warnings/bans & the quick enforcement post editing. Please.

Doggy124

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
RupeeClock said:
A certain site seems to have risen from the ashes.

And by risen by the ashes, I mean resolved its suspension issue which was more likely a hosting problem, and NOT action taken by nintendo.

Yeah, You're right. It's Back!
grog.gif

I think we go to same place.

QUOTE(CockroachMan @ Aug 27 2008, 02:14 AM) Oh shit..
*checks usual ROM sources*
OK.. my sites are still up, no problem
tongue.gif
Well..All my sites are good to go

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
JPH said:
DieForIt said:
Indeed, at Christmas it became the fifth biggest-selling electronics item on Amazon's UK web store.
Yeah, well if Nintendo DS games weren't $60 over there you probably would have less pirating peeps.

Yeah, sad to see ol' Dashii's website gone, he did such a great job with it.
frown.gif

lol @ Nintendo ownage, though, just get 'em the old fashioned and faster way from now on noobs
wink.gif

Incorrect actually. They have been trying to sort out a coding problem due to their popularity putting too much strain on the site.

Unless he's simply unwilling to state it as it might be ie "sorry guys, Nintendo has sent a lawyer to ream me up the outport".

They seem to be ok in the evening dead of night.

Fortunately I have found two comparable locations, and if one looks, one of dashii's forum's members has been actually inserting the rom sources into a forum thread effectively doing Dashii's job for him.

The thing of it is, a link to the source is not actually offering the source file. Any more than telling a book thief how to get to the library is conspiring to steal books from the library.
But that logic is not entertaining the lawyers much it appears.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night