Twitch X Crunchyroll

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0fc5f395b74ad03dc9eae8b44c1736cc1500934318_full.png

Thursday July 27th (Today) twitch will be live streaming an anime marathon at 3PM Pacific time. Featuring various subtitled english anime from the popular on demand streaming service, Crunchyroll. All is welcome to see at no extra unnecessary actions but to watch the live stream. The schedule is on the page as well. For 6 days, a number of anime shows will be streamed and all episodes from each of the selected shows. Simple click the link below to watch, and sample some good modern anime.

Why am I reporting this? Well cause twitch is mostly known for self broadcasting of games, so adding anime is just something I wanted to share. :)

We’re teaming up with our friends at Crunchyroll to bring you a 6-day marathon filled with season-long runs of nearly 20 anime hits. Starting July 27 at 3:00pm PT, you’ll be able to watch acclaimed, fan-favorite shows like Mob Psycho 100, Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid and Yuri!!! on Ice alongside a few thousand of your closest friends on Twitch. Here's the full list of titles you'll be able to watch during the marathon:

July 27
- Mob Psycho - 3:30 PM
- Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid - 9:00 PM

July 28
- Bungo Stray Dogs - 3:00 AM
- Sound! Euphonium - 1:30 PM
- Yuri!!! on Ice - 7:30 PM

July 29
- Space Patrol Luluco - 1:00 AM
- Anne Happy! - 3:30 AM
- Saga of Tanya the Evil - 9:30 AM
- JOKER GAME - 3:00 PM
- ReLife - 8:30 PM

July 30
- Kemono Friends - 2:30 AM
- Rokka-Braves of Six Flowers - 8:30 AM
- NEW GAME! - 2:30 PM
- Gabriel DropOut - 8:00 PM

July 31
- Ojisan & Marshmallow - 1:30 AM
- Wooser's Hand-to-Mouth Life: Phantasmagoric Arc - 2:30 AM
- World End: What are you doing at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us? - 4:30 AM
- Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor - 10:00 AM
- Free! Iwatobi Swim Club - 3:30 PM
- Mob Psycho 100 - 9:00 PM

August 1
- Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid - 2:30 AM
- Yuri!!! on Ice - 8:30 AM

:arrow:LIVE STREAM

Reactions: Deleted-379826

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If it's ad free and in HD (even 720p), this is pretty nice, as that's more than what you get using Crunchyroll as a free user. Not that into anime though (only seen a few) and the only one I've actually hard of is Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. I prefer watching stuff on my own time anyway.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's ad free and in HD (even 720p), this is pretty nice, as that's more than what you get using Crunchyroll as a free user. Not that into anime though (only seen a few) and the only one I've actually hard of is Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. I prefer watching stuff on my own time anyway.
The stream is 1080P, and i think twitch will have ads to minimum (least not during shows but break periods)

They are professionals, like when they did power rangers marathon, Joys of painting with bob ross, and mr. rogers neighborhood, marathons :P

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
god no.

anyway seems like twitch is now like a little tv channel :D with all those schedules
Is common, there is few attempts to have live broadcast apps on the internet. Back in 2012 Viz Media released Neon Alley on PS3, It was a paid subscription service of $7 per month to watch HD English Dub Uncensored anime on a schedule (or on demand) Until they shut it down in favor of partnering with Hulu. I watched Naruto, One piece, and Bleach on it along with some others i never heard of. The problem was having anime broadcast on TV in America was a big deal in the past but hardly exist now. toonami is probably the only one that still bothers to get anime available on TV. I have a pin for being a full time subscriber until shutdown. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neon_Alley

Reactions: ShonenJump

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's weird how Crunchyroll push these anime but don't feature Dragon Ball Super. At least from promotional material, I hardly see Super spotlighted, I'd get e-mails from them as a free member about various shows, for a while that YURI thing was all over, like that is its hottest product, also Attack on Titan season 2. I wonder if it's because of exclusive streaming rights, they aren't the only (legally permitted) platform that streams Super. Anyways, cool I guess for people that give a damn about Twitch. I don't.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's weird how Crunchyroll push these anime but don't feature Dragon Ball Super. At least from promotional material, I hardly see Super spotlighted, I'd get e-mails from them as a free member about various shows, for a while that YURI thing was all over, like that is its hottest product, also Attack on Titan season 2. I wonder if it's because of exclusive streaming rights, they aren't the only (legally permitted) platform that streams Super. Anyways, cool I guess for people that give a damn about Twitch. I don't.
I think cause is licensed by funimation, not crunchyroll. :unsure:

ShonenJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
iv seen mails about super or maybe because im premium member perhaps? Also super Is ongoing. They mostly cover events and new anime news.

Last edited by ShonenJump,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iv seen mails about super or maybe because im premium member perhaps? Also super Is ongoing. They mostly cover events and new anime news.

Attack on Titan is ongoing and they shove that right in all front pages. One thing I was really curious about is in a Mother's Day tweet, they had a slideshow of their best anime moms, featuring clips from the shows they stream. No Bulma or Chichi? It also didn't feel like they hyped up Super's 100th episode last week. I guess relying on Dragon Ball Super selling itself because it's Dragon Ball.

ShonenJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Attack on Titan is ongoing and they shove that right in all front pages. One thing I was really curious about is in a Mother's Day tweet, they had a slideshow of their best anime moms, featuring clips from the shows they stream. No Bulma or Chichi? It also didn't feel like they hyped up Super's 100th episode last week. I guess relying on Dragon Ball Super selling itself because it's Dragon Ball.
front pages? That's mostly new animes or events

Attachments

• wp_ss_20170728_0002.png
    wp_ss_20170728_0002.png
    84.5 KB · Views: 130

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
My Usenet access laughs at this pitty attempt to get Crunchyroll subscriptions. (Yet again, I still buy the stuff I like so sue me :P)

Reactions: ShonenJump

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never thought about subscribing to crunchyroll, not only the name doesn't market well but I don't think any anime is available in enlgish voice, I thought about funimation subscription once, but then I dunno if they have the shows I like watching. Just stick to toonami/neflix/hulu

ShonenJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I never thought about subscribing to crunchyroll, not only the name doesn't market well but I don't think any anime is available in enlgish voice, I thought about funimation subscription once, but then I dunno if they have the shows I like watching. Just stick to toonami/neflix/hulu
there are some dubs anime available

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's actually pretty cool. Watching a bunch of shows live with a bunch of other weebs in chat. (not that I ever look at chat)
I might actually tune in for one or two of those if I have time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1