Twilight princess and game ID

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Treflex, Dec 13, 2008.

Dec 13, 2008

Twilight princess and game ID by Treflex at 3:17 PM (1,113 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Treflex
    OP

Member Treflex GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is there any way to modify the game id of my legal backup of twilight princess, so that it saves to a different title? My reason for asking is that I want to use my original for twilight hack and the backup for actually playing the game.

2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    You can have the twilight hack in the NAND and play your game in the 3rd slot....!!! [​IMG]

3. rhyguy

Member rhyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Why not use the backup for Twilight hack and the original for the game?

4. xshoyz

Member xshoyz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Why do you think people make legal Backups in the first place?

5. Adr990

Member Adr990 To boldly go where no man has gone before!

Netherlands
    Erghmmm Nintendo can block the TP hack maybe? via one little update...

Good thinking over there [​IMG]

I think it is possible with Trucha Singer...

(And for the next who says: why not delete TP hack after installed HBC or used it and than copy back your original TP save game:
    If you have a cIOS or a IOS lower than 3.3 or have Savemii or use Savefriimii or use Starfall you can load up the TP hack to unbrick your wii via Homebrew without entering the wii-menu witch you can't enter within: a Banner brick or something [​IMG] )

6. Treflex
    OP

Member Treflex GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm not comfortable with using the twilight hack's third slot because 1) I vaguely remember someone important recommending not doing as this as it can cause some problems. 2) I'm afraid of accidentally overwriting the actual twilight hack. Then, I'll have to transfer the twilight hack again and it'll kill my gameplay save. (something similar happened before, i was helping my brother out on his early game save then accidentally saved it over my one, which was near the end)

So as you can see, I'm paranoid, so the third slot is out of the question. Back to the original problem, is it possible? I opened the iso in hex workshop and found the title id at the top, but i searched for it again and found several other instances. Do I have to change all of them? or is there an option in trucha?