ROM Hack Twilight Menu ++ and wifi connection

Crysis1995

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Hi, I have twilight menu ++ and I am currently playing Pokemon Black 2 on it(this is on an old 3ds XL btw). I recently discovered you can get mystery gift events through connecting wifi by following a guide on youtube( I can link it but not sure if im allowed).

However when I try to connect it gives me error code 51099, but I do have normal access to internet outside of twilight menu. Is there any way to fix this or ?

Last edited by Crysis1995,
Reactions: Milozaki

Crysis1995

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
thanks for the answer. I just want to clarify though... Is this problem confined to the twilightmenu app? Meaning, if I had a legit cartridge and used that instead (i do its just not with me at the moment) will the wifi be able to work like its supposed to?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Crysis1995

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Just to make sure... "yes" to both of the questions in my second post ? :)

And what is the reasoning behind DSi mode support? How will that help since i'm running this on a 3ds if you don't mind me asking.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to make sure... "yes" to both of the questions in my second post ? :)
Yes.
And what is the reasoning behind DSi mode support? How will that help since i'm running this on a 3ds if you don't mind me asking.
If you have a WPA 1/2 connection, then you'll be able to use it, if the game is running in DSi mode.

mecosef

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, i've had the same idea as Crysis to use gts generation for pokemon black (not black 2) and i found that i can't connect to wifi and can't change it to wep or open.
I've tried to launch the game in dsi mode and dsi (forced) mode thinking i could connect to my wifi but the game crashes everytime i launch it (white screen). Is there a solution to fix that or to find another way to connect to a private wifi ?
Thank you in advance :)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i've had the same idea as Crysis to use gts generation for pokemon black (not black 2) and i found that i can't connect to wifi and can't change it to wep or open.
I've tried to launch the game in dsi mode and dsi (forced) mode thinking i could connect to my wifi but the game crashes everytime i launch it (white screen). Is there a solution to fix that or to find another way to connect to a private wifi ?
Thank you in advance :)
DSi mode support is still being worked on.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the answer. I just want to clarify though... Is this problem confined to the twilightmenu app? Meaning, if I had a legit cartridge and used that instead (i do its just not with me at the moment) will the wifi be able to work like its supposed to?

Actually, officially, DSi mode cannot be disabled. The 3DS has no system setting to turn it off.

Reactions: Milozaki

sjkim04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Last edited by sjkim04,

russelangeloo

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hi! quick question. is the wifi connection in twilight menu ++ same as wifi in 3ds settings? so if i turn the wifi or connection off in 3ds settings does it do the same as in the twilight menu ++? or twilight menu ++ has its own wifi settings?

sjkim04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
hi! quick question. is the wifi connection in twilight menu ++ same as wifi in 3ds settings? so if i turn the wifi or connection off in 3ds settings does it do the same as in the twilight menu ++? or twilight menu ++ has its own wifi settings?
this is just my idea, but turning 3ds' connection off means the connections in the console will be off, so i don't think TWLMenu++ will be able to access Wi-Fi.

Dalek7of9

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to get the WiFi working in Heart Gold so I can get the event pokemon such as Celebi, but it keeps saying Error Code 52000 and that it's unable to obtain an IP address. Any idea what this means?

Pokemonfan6498

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I have worse situation i got new phone few weeks before and when i try to use access point there it appears with all 3 bars at first but after some time it appears again with 0 bars like connection has been cut off and i get errors 52100 and 52101 plus older phone has no issues with connecting

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM