ROM Hack Twighlight menu Multiplayer

Giangian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys! I was planning on using my 3ds to play local multiplayer games with a friend of mine, like Mario kart and Mario party. Will the ds romsI have on Twighlight menu work just like normal games or is there something else I need?

Reactions: Mayflower

LVG

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've played multiplayer with my son and it worked like normal games through TWilight Menu++, Mario Kart DS and Bomberman for e.g., just turn on your network before launching the game and then select Local Multiplayer within the game, awesome stuff!

Giangian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im checking it before hand using a second ds and when I connect in Mario kart, the host 3ds says communication error press A and the second 3ds freezes and a sorta white Nintendo logo. Im currently updating the firmware on the second 3ds but my friend has a dsi

LVG

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think both DS's need to be on the same system software version to play local multiplayer.
Do both DS's have CFW installed?

LVG

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think the factory ones will need the game cart to play Local Multiplayer, otherwise you'll be able to use Download Play for some games (one console launches the game, the other one downloads the data to play multiplayer).
But you may need the same system software version all the same...

LVG

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah I know, I got that situation with a friend of my son who wanted to play Multiplayer so we couldn't play right away, I had to figure it out on the spot... But the stock consoles are safe to update so it was quickly sorted. Hope you pull it through!

Giangian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so i did some digging and apparently it can work but I think either Luma or Twighlight menu doesn't have cloneboot

LVG

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Giangian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so basically if I want to play MkDS with my friend it has to be multi-host(she has an r4 so I think It can work, don't know yet) however Mario Kart Ds specifically doesn't support single card hosting so I can't test it out. I also need some help cause I opened the GitHub page you sent me and I am completely lost on that page. I don't know if there's a fix or not. I was considering forwarding Mario Kart to my home screen but since it supports multi-card hosting I think it should be fine. It's in the compatibility notes from that spreadsheet

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Basically some games flat out dont work in download play from you being the host in twilight menu. In theory, multi card hosting should work, and i haven't found the fix, so if you find it please let me know

LVG

Trophies
XP
Country
France
On the github link, the conversation seems to end on the idea that there's no fix yet, you can just check the compatibility list to avoid the non compatible games.

If a fix is not possible (or not found) at the moment, maybe you could try a workaround like hosting Download Play from an R4 DS card on the non CFW consoles?
They're not too expensive (you can find some around $10) so it might be worth a try.

It's just an idea, maybe a more experienced member here can confirm whether it actually works to host a Download Play session from an R4 card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back