Question TWEWY Save Editing

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by NobodySociety, Oct 18, 2018.

1. NobodySociety
    OP

NobodySociety Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2010
    United States
    Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone has attempted to save edit the world ends with you. I tried backing up the save with chechpoint and editing it with a hex editor, but it corrupted the save. I dont really have any experience with checksums.

2. brynthomas80

brynthomas80 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    i tried to edit save as well but no luck. i dont understand checksums either. all i know is the third and forth line when you open save in hex editor is the checksum but i dont know the checksum algorithm or what part of save the checksum covers, i been trying to use a memory dumper edit game as it runs but cant seem to get it to work properly.

evilwombat likes this.
  3. evilwombat

evilwombat Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2018
    United States
    I've got the checksum figured out. It's a bit-flipped, byte-reversed SHA256 of everything after the hash. I'm able to patch player stats, and will look at the completion stats after playing though the game once.

Right now I have a python script that fixes the checksum after editing the save file by hand.

Thread:
    gbatemp dot net /threads/the-world-ends-with-you-final-remix-gamesave-reverse-engineering.521801/
    (Argh, can't post looks, even to gbatemp)

Last edited by evilwombat, Oct 28, 2018