Gaming Tvii

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue is that you're on yet another rampage that's killing the thread and mood, as I already said it yesterday.

You say it's not what it's cracked up to be.....without.....console even released? O.o
I ask, where do you see that lot of people praising it, that would justify your negativity (and mind me, nothing can justify it, but you've gone so far that you don't even need to be "provoked" to burst in hate rampage)

If this is what's considered a "rampage" then you need to change your dictionary. I'm using a cool tone and I'm just stating my opinion.

From what I've read it's not what it's cracked up to be. It's good to have these features but I don't exactly find them monumental when I've been accustomed to them for years.

I'm not killing the mood here, not every thread is/should be a circlejerk. You can disagree with me, that's fine. I'm not taking a hostile tone on the thread, I'm being cool as a cucumber.

Right now I feel like you're going on more of a rampage towards me. You're acting like I'm coming into this thread calling everyone a fuckwit. I'm stating my point of view in a cool, collective manner. Did I expect people to disagree with me? Absolutely. Not everyone agrees with everything. But I don't appreciate people saying I'm going on a "rampage" when I'm not even taking a hostile stance on the matter.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's good to have these features but I don't exactly find them monumental when I've been accustomed to them for years.

I don't know where to get these features without the Wii U, considering Smart Glass isn't out yet. How have you been accustomed to these features for years? Not rage strokin', just asking a question. Maybe I missed something big, then I gotta smack myself.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It's good to have these features but I don't exactly find them monumental when I've been accustomed to them for years.

It's all you had to say, and there would be no problem.....even this thread solely, wouldn't be a problem if it's an isolated case, but you know very well what it's all about. Anyways, it's all well..you do your thing, just know that things will have to be changed!

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's all you had to say, and there would be no problem.....even this thread solely, wouldn't be a problem if it's an isolated case, but you know very well what it's all about. Anyways, it's all well..you do your thing, just know that things will have to be changed!

Well typically when people disagree with a point the general thing to do is support your point in return. It's called "debating" or "having a dialogue". It's typical of forums.

But if dissenting opinions are looked down upon in this forum then you should probably make an amendment to the rules.

EDIT: Feel free to disagree with my opinion, I'm used to it and I welcome it, but don't try to paint a picture of me being a bull in a china shop who enjoys nothing more but creating chaos and setting threads aflame.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This.

Just accept the fact Nintendo is catching up, its not a massive revolution (atleast not to me) but it makes watching TV and Netflix a shitload easier from what I've seen, so many times have I gone to watch a movie on Netflix, just to see its not there, with TVii I can quickly search up the movie without waiting for it to boot up and all, same with TV, if there's awesome movie being showed and I just happen to get caught at my backup shows, this atleast let's me know I can watch that instead. Its not a feature that I'm going to start humping my monitor over, but its convinent and that's good enough.

I realize the fact that Nintendo is "catching up" but if a positive to your console is "catching up" to 7 year old consoles then there's a serious issues. The suite of features is good but a lot of people are really thinking this is the greatest thing since sliced bread when it's still just glorified catch up.

So wait, its a bad thing if a company that could compete with the likes of Sony and Microsoft and still beat them sales wise without having any sort of multimedia is now starting to include and better these features? That makes sense.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait, its a bad thing if a company that could compete with the likes of Sony and Microsoft and still beat them sales wise without having any sort of multimedia is now starting to include and better these features? That makes sense.

It's not a bad thing but I'm just saying that playing catch up is still play catch up.

Here's a metaphorical example. You and your friend are doing essays for class. Your friend hands in his on the due date but you don't because you want to add a bit more. You do add a bit more, nothing that makes it leaps and bounds better but something that gives it an edge. It may be a slightly better essay in the end but it's still a week late. And to everyone else they already got their grade. I already got my "grade" on the Xbox 360 and I'm quite satisfied with it, I didn't need to wait a week to hand in my essay.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's not a bad thing but I'm just saying that playing catch up is still play catch up.

Here's a metaphorical example. You and your friend are doing essays for class. Your friend hands in his on the due date but you don't because you want to add a bit more. You do add a bit more, nothing that makes it leaps and bounds better but something that gives it an edge. It may be a slightly better essay in the end but it's still a week late. And to everyone else they already got their grade. I already got my "grade" on the Xbox 360 and I'm quite satisfied with it, I didn't need to wait a week to hand in my essay.

How is this not better? It takes the entire idea and improves upon it and makes it more accessible. Even if the paper is a week late, I think adding another page worth of information and detail makes it ok and certainly not something to be called a problem.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was a terrible example.

How about you just gracefully withdraw? I mean you stated you opinion...over and over, why must you always constantly continue with these "debates"? We get it already.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It takes the entire idea and improves upon it and makes it more accessible.
That pretty much what I try to get across with TVii vs SmartGlass.
I didn't try to come out as if I was praising it (at least not high praise, just giving credit where credit is due) or wherever.
I was just pointing out the differentiation.

If you think fiddling devices that not guaranteed to work or work completely vs devices that actually meant to work
together (which you are going use anyway since it main use is gaming) with no need for some outside device then ...
well... alrighty then.

SmartGlass isn't even out yet. When does it come out anyway?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It takes the entire idea and improves upon it and makes it more accessible.
That pretty much what I try to get across with TVii vs SmartGlass.
I didn't try to come out as if I was praising it (at least not high praise, just giving credit where credit is due) or wherever.
I was just pointing out the differentiation.

If you think fiddling devices that not guaranteed to work or work completely vs devices that actually meant to work
together (which you are going use anyway since it main use is gaming) with no need for some outside device then ...
well... alrighty then.

SmartGlass is slated for November-ish last time I checked. It's to debut with a big dashboard update which includes SmartGlass, Xbox Music, and some other features.

I'm not saying this is a bad system at all, it's just unimpressive to me.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Winter Holiday 2012"

I know it'll work on any Windows Phone/Tablet but anyone know of compatibility with other devices? I like the idea of it using something you may already own (though gaming side I see it being useless because you have to hold both it and a controller, as for touchscreen gaming...might as well just play mobiles game!) but for some people it may not work so well on their device.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Winter Holiday 2012"

I know it'll work on any Windows Phone/Tablet but anyone know of compatibility with other devices? I like the idea of it using something you may already own (though gaming side I see it being useless because you have to hold both it and a controller, as for touchscreen gaming...might as well just play mobiles game!) but for some people it may not work so well on their device.

It's to be compatible with Windows Phone, iOS, and Android devices that can run the accompanying app I think. It was said at least to be usable outside of Windows/Microsoft products.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Winter Holiday 2012"

It's to be compatible with Windows Phone, iOS, and Android devices that can run the accompanying app I think. It was said at least to be usable outside of Windows/Microsoft products.
What I mean is actual devices! I know the platforms themselves but it would be stupid to assume it'll work on any device that runs Android and iPhone/Touch 3 may be out of the picture.

D

Deleted_171835

Why are the Xbox 360/Smart Glass comparisons still happening? Anyone who actually bothered taking a serious look at this would realize that they're quite different.

But of course, some people are already biased so they ignore anything that disproves their point. :/

To bring this back on-topic, here's an interesting article I read about TVii.
http://www.gamesradar.com/why-nintendo-tvii-might-outperform-xbox-live-and-psns-media-service/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1