ROM Hack [Tutorial][SaveDatafiler/Ninjhax] Pokémon Shuffle: SaveEdit

RiderKicker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
!!! ALWAYS MAKE A CLEAN BACKUP OF YOUR SAVEFILE BEFORE !!!
Tested and run on the latest 1.2.15 release.

For SaveDataFiler users:

1) Download PSSE.
2) Start the exploit that you use to use SaveDataFiler, and start it.
3) In the User tab, scroll down until you find the line 01410. Highlight this line in yellow.
4) Press Y to export the save, and A to confirm.
5) Close SaveDataFiler and turn off your 3DS.
6) Put the SD in the PC.

7) Open PSSE, click "Open savedata.bin" and choose your save located here:
E:\filer\UserSaveData\<DATE>\00001410

8) Do all you want. Once you edited your save, click "Save savedata.bin" and overwrite your old savefile.

9) Start the exploit that you use to use SaveDataFiler, and start SaveDataFiler.
10) In the User tab, scroll down until you find the line 01410. Highlight this line in yellow.
11) Press R+X at the same time to delete the Secure Value (Important), then A to confirm the deletion.

12) In the SD tab, scroll down until highlight this line:
user : <DATE> : 00001410

13) Highlight this line. Whatever the numbers, you must highlight the line with 00001410.
14) Press R+A at the same time to import the modified save, then A to confirm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

!!! ALWAYS MAKE A CLEAN BACKUP OF YOUR SAVEFILE BEFORE !!!
Tested and run on the latest 1.2.15 release.

For Ninjhax/Tubehax/Ironhax/OOThax users:

1) Download Save Data Manager
2) Extract it and place it in the "3ds" folder.
3) Start your 3DS and launch your exploitable game.
4) Start "Save Manager"
5) Select Pokemon Shuffle (Left/Right with D-pad)
6) Backup your save file with A. Exit.
7) Open PSSE, click "Open savedata.bin" and choose your save located here:
E:\saveDataBackup

8) Do all you want. Once you edited your save, click "Save savedata.bin" and overwrite your old savefile.

11) Start your 3DS and launch your exploitable game
12) Start "Save Manager"
13) Select Pokemon Shuffle (Left/Right with D-pad)
14) Import your save file with B. Exit.

Now, check your game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crédits:
Thanks @SciresM for PSSE.
Thanks @schrmh for the help on the guide used by the homebrew.

How do you start the save manager while the game you want to exploit is running? I don't understand.

RiderKicker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I'm stuck on a debug menu that says:

hello
got APT:A lock handle?
0000000, 00898003, 008a0004

Nothing I press is getting me off the screen. What do I do?

kikiyox77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now i have a problem with save manager, it says
Get fs.USER handle: 0x0
FUSER_Initialize:0x0
Open archive: 0xC920454F
Could not access the savedata archieve! Press X to exit.

What does this mean?

Last edited by kikiyox77,

kenpachi_zaraki

Trophies
XP
Country
So I have an issue with this sadly.

Trying to edit the save on Shuffle Editor, gives me an error: Value 128089 is not valid for valie. Value should be between Minimum and Maximum

how do I fix this?

Using a Pal 3DS with Tubehax.

stefan1970it

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I have a question. I downloaded pokemon shuffle long time ago, now the game is updated at version 1.2.22 (I have an old3ds), but i don't understand this: 2) Start the exploit that you use to use SaveDataFiler, and start it.
Do I have to download some program and put it into the sd? I don't know what is ironhax, tubehax, nand or others strange terms I read, I have not altered any games (at least not in the 3ds) - in Italy we say "niubbi", who does not understand anything. :D
Maybe you're tired of answering the same questions, but i don't understand english very well, so guides are a little difficult for me (sorry for my english).

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have a question. I downloaded pokemon shuffle long time ago, now the game is updated at version 1.2.22 (I have an old3ds), but i don't understand this: 2) Start the exploit that you use to use SaveDataFiler, and start it.
Do I have to download some program and put it into the sd? I don't know what is ironhax, tubehax, nand or others strange terms I read, I have not altered any games (at least not in the 3ds) - in Italy we say "niubbi", who does not understand anything. :D
Maybe you're tired of answering the same questions, but i don't understand english very well, so guides are a little difficult for me (sorry for my english).

Save data filer is for people who have kernel access (3ds firmware < 9.2) if I remember correctly. To hack pokemon shuffle you need a 3ds at a ''hackable'' firmware and an entry point, being cubic ninja, ironhax (downloaded before/during august 2015 v.1/v.1.1), etc. So a lot of information is required before I can answer your questions more precisely. I can help you if you PM me to avoid posting unrelated text in this thread

Last edited by naivegirl2411,

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
My save file wascurrupted and everything was lost on it
How do i get it back

Please help

https://gbatemp.net/threads/antisav...value-updater-ps-acnl-prw-ssb-xy-oras.396644/

It's likely that you didn't update your secret value (which the console checks to see if the current save if the latest one). Keep your "corrupted" savefile on your computer (if you don't have it, extract it with svdt or savedata manager BEFORE agreeing to delete it), then launch the game and agree to delete your save. Start a new game and quit as soon as it saves once, then extract this new savefile.
When you have both savefiles on your computer, download the tool from the link I provided and open them both in it (corrupted to the left panel / blank to the right). Check that it detects Pokemon Shuffle as the savefile type and click Fix to fix your old savefile with the secret value of the new.
Now you can import your fixed savefile (the one that was corrupted before) and it should work.

Mariokid15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
https://gbatemp.net/threads/antisav...value-updater-ps-acnl-prw-ssb-xy-oras.396644/

It's likely that you didn't update your secret value (which the console checks to see if the current save if the latest one). Keep your "corrupted" savefile on your computer (if you don't have it, extract it with svdt or savedata manager BEFORE agreeing to delete it), then launch the game and agree to delete your save. Start a new game and quit as soon as it saves once, then extract this new savefile.
When you have both savefiles on your computer, download the tool from the link I provided and open them both in it (corrupted to the left panel / blank to the right). Check that it detects Pokemon Shuffle as the savefile type and click Fix to fix your old savefile with the secret value of the new.
Now you can import your fixed savefile (the one that was corrupted before) and it should work.

I still have the currupted save on my SD card but what do i do with it

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I still have the currupted save on my SD card but what do i do with it
If you use savedata manager, move it from the export folder so it won't be deleted when you extract your next save, if it's safe where it is just leave it on your SD (or copy it to your computer to be sure it's safe). Once you have started a new game and got another savefile you can copy both to your computer and use the latter to fix your save.

Mariokid15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you use savedata manager, move it from the export folder so it won't be deleted when you extract your next save, if it's safe where it is just leave it on your SD (or copy it to your computer to be sure it's safe). Once you have started a new game and got another savefile you can copy both to your computer and use the latter to fix your save.

Can you do a step by step tutorial for it please

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can you do a step by step tutorial for it please
  1. Copy your old "corrupted" savefile to your computer (put your SD card in your computer if you have an o3DS or use the SD management app on n3DS) and rename it (something like "savedata_old.bin")
  2. Launch Shuffle, agree to delete your savedata and start a new game. Play the first tutorial level and quit as soon as the "Saving..." logo disappears
  3. Go back to HBL and launch your favorite homebrew for managing savefiles
If you're using svdt :
  1. If you're using svdt, launch it and press A so that it auto-updates the secure value.
  2. Go to your corrupted savefile on the right panel and press Y then Select to overwrite your new savefile with it (it will patch the secure value itself)
  3. Now launch Shuffle again and it should be working with your old save restored.
If you're using SaveDataManager (SDM) :
  1. If you're using SaveDataManager (which I guess you do?), make sure you copied your old savefile on your computer or moved it somewhere else on your SD card (otherwise it will be deleted by your new blank savefile)
  2. Launch SDM and press A to export your new savefile
  3. Copy said savefile to your computer and rename it (something like "savedata_new.bin", now you should have both files somewhere on your computer)
  4. Download suloku's tool here : https://github.com/suloku/secure-value-patcher/releases/download/v2c/Secure.Value.Patcher.v2c.zip and execute it.
  5. Click the Open button on top left ("corrupt" save) and select your "savedata_old.bin", do the same to the top-right Open button (New save) and select your "savedata_new.bin".
  6. In the "Select Game Secure Value" Box, select Pokemon Shuffle and click Fix
  7. Your "savedata_old.bin" has now been patched, and a .bak of it (backup file) has been created, rename "savedata_old.bin" to "savedata.bin" and copy it into your SDM folder on your SD card (if you need your old unpatched savefile, just delete the .bak extension of the second file)
  8. Put SD back into your 3DS, launch HBL and SDM then press B to restore your patched savefile into your game
  9. Launch Pokemon Shuffle and you should have your save properly waiting for you.

Mariokid15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok the Th
  1. Copy your old "corrupted" savefile to your computer (put your SD card in your computer if you have an o3DS or use the SD management app on n3DS) and rename it (something like "savedata_old.bin")
  2. Launch Shuffle, agree to delete your savedata and start a new game. Play the first tutorial level and quit as soon as the "Saving..." logo disappears
If you're using svdt :
  1. If you're using svdt, launch it and press A so that it auto-updates the secure value.
  2. Go to your corrupted savefile on the right panel and press Y then Select to overwrite your new savefile with it (it will patch the secure value itself)
  3. Now launch Shuffle again and it should be working with your old save restored.
  1. If you're using SaveDataManager (which I guess you do?), make sure you copied your old savefile on your computer or moved it somewhere else on your SD card (otherwise it will be deleted by your new blank savefile)
  3. Copy said savefile to your computer and rename it (something like "savedata_new.bin", now you should have both files somewhere on your computer)
  4. Download suloku's tool here : https://github.com/suloku/secure-value-patcher/releases/download/v2c/Secure.Value.Patcher.v2c.zip and execute it.
  5. Click the Open button on top left ("corrupt" save) and select your "savedata_old.bin", do the same to the top-right Open button (New save) and select your "savedata_new.bin".
  7. Your "savedata_old.bin" has now been patched, and a .bak of it (backup file) has been created, rename "savedata_old.bin" to "savedata.bin" and copy it into your SDM folder on your SD card (if you need your old unpatched savefile, just delete the .bak extension of the second file)
  8. Put SD back into your 3DS, launch HBL and SDM then press B to restore your patched savefile into your game
  9. Launch Pokemon Shuffle and you should have your save properly waiting for you.
Thanks for the help

Mariokid15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Now I'm stuck on a debug menu that says:

hello
got APT:A lock handle?
0000000, 00898003, 008a0004

Nothing I press is getting me off the screen. What do I do?

Did you install homebrew correctly

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did you manage to fix your save ?
im trying to get onto homebrew at the moments but it seems to be taking a while

Mariokid15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're using svdt :

Ive followed the steps correctly but my save doesnt load it just loads the first 2 levels of the game and not my current old ave file

Also im using firmware 10.3 8.28E
And save manager

Last edited by Mariokid15,

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ive followed the steps correctly but my save doesnt load it just loads the first 2 levels of the game and not my current old ave file

Also im using firmware 10.3 8.28E
And save manager

You sure you imported it correctly ? I haven't used SDM in a while, but you need to put your fixed save in the "savedata" folder on your SD card before pressing B to import it if I'm remembering well.

If you did, upload your corrupt savefile somewhere and pm it to me. I'll take a look at it in the evening when I'm back home.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn