1. celsiusnarhwal

OP celsiusnarhwal Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    If you're a high school, college, or university student and your school has assigned you a Microsoft account, you can obtain an Xbox developer account for free. Here's how:

1. In a browser, Google "Azure Student Starter" and click the first result. Click the blue "Activate" button and when prompted, sign in with your school Microsoft account. Once you're logged in, follow the prompts to finish signing up for Azure.

2. After signing up, you should find yourself in the Azure Education Hub. In the sidebar, open the Overview pane (if it isn't open already), and next to "Download free software" click "See all software".

3. You'll see a list of free software available to you. Search for and select "Microsoft Store".

4. In the side panel that appears, click "View Key" and copy the product key to your clipboard.

5. Sign out of your school Microsoft account.

6. Google "Microsoft Partner Center" and click the first result. Click "Sign in" in the upper-left corner and sign in with the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox, then click "Dashboard' in the top-left area of the screen.

7. Scroll down to "Windows & Xbox" and underneath that, click "Get started".

8. Click "Sign up now".

9. When you are prompted to input a payment method for the $19 registration fee, paste the product key from earlier into the promo code field and press Enter on your keyboard. After a few seconds, the page should say that no payment is required.

10. Complete the rest of the sign-up process.

That's it! Enjoy your free developer account.

2. valiantheart18

Newcomer

United States
    Thanks!

3. eminem30982

eminem30982 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I was able to make it all the way to this step, but when I paste the product key, I get this message.

Any ideas about what's going on or how to get past it?

4. therainbowcreeperRBX

therainbowcreeperRBX Green Hedgehog

United Kingdom
    On the registration bit which tells me to put contact info when I tap next it refreshes the page and says error code 2201 with some long code thing

5. therainbowcreeperRBX

therainbowcreeperRBX Green Hedgehog

United Kingdom
    Nvm I used a different account and got it!

6. johcena

johcena Newbie
    Newcomer

Armenia

Same thing happened to me. Is this method still working ?

7. campbell0505

campbell0505 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Yeah I got that too, did you ever figure it out?

8. yoyoyo69

yoyoyo69 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Doesn't work, University email is different to Xbox email, it advises to switch.

If logging in with University email, used on Student Starter section, Partner Center shows:

Sign in with another account
    You are signed in as --***@University.Email.Here-- which is not associated with a Partner Center account. If you believe this is an error, try deleting your browser cookies and then do one of the following:

• - Sign in with an Azure AD user account that is already associated with a Partner Center account
    • - Sign in with a Microsoft account that is already associated with a Partner Center account
    • - Sign in with a Microsoft account that you’d like to register for a new Partner Center account

9. edmaronline

edmaronline Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Thanks. I will try

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Tutorial], Obtaining, developer