Hacking Tutorial: Make ur own 3d cover

koops

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What you need:

Photoshop CS4 (might work with older Photoshops)
Imandix Cover Pro 0.9.1.2 (google it)
This Photoshop Template
This Photoshop Action

Step by step tutorial:

1. Open up the cover_template.psd in Photoshop
2. Google for ur cover and paste it in ur template, and resize it if needed.. make sure its behind the templates main layer and that the wii banner doesnt show (check image below to see what i mean)

3. Save it.
4. Open up Imandix Cover Pro
5. Choose "Single Cover" and load ur cover
6. Set ur case color to 250, 250, 250
7. Choose "Static View"
8. Choose Style 6
9. Set Light to 10%, Shadow to 30%, leave Drop Shadow as it is and set Reflection to 0%
10. Press the "PNG Export" button and name ur file, the click save
11. Set Width and Height to 445
12. Open ur 3d image in Photoshop and apply the photoshop action
13. Save it as .png and ur done
smile.gif
(check below to see how it looks like)

rwup52.png

Got any question?? ask away
smile.gif

G2K

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't have a chance to test this right now, but what is the purpose of Imandix Cover Pro? Wouldn't it just be easier to make a Photoshop action to do it all?

koops

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
G2K said:
Don't have a chance to test this right now, but what is the purpose of Imandix Cover Pro? Wouldn't it just be easier to make a Photoshop action to do it all?

i'll look into it
smile.gif

pretender13

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
koops said:
What you need:

This Photoshop Template
This Photoshop Action

Step by step tutorial:

2. Google for ur cover and paste it in ur template, and resize it if needed.. make sure its behind the templates main layer and that the wii banner doesnt show (check image below to see what i mean)

3. Save it.
7. Choose "Static View"
8. Choose Style 6
9. Set Light to 10%, Shadow to 30%, leave Drop Shadow as it is and set Reflection to 0%
smile.gif

rwup52.png

smile.gif

Thanks for this.
but is there any way of updating this to use sizes 176 x 248 please ?

TIA

DonTlaloc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
G2K said:
No need:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e2f2169...04e75f6e8ebb871

Download it, unzip. In Photoshop (CS3 or higher), open the supplied boxart. Then in the actions pallete, load the supplied action. Paste the boxart of whatever 3D boxart you are trying to make in the same image. Select the layer, run the action.

Has anyone managed to get this to work? Whenever I try it (in CS4) it simply just deletes the content of the layer I've pasted in. What am I doing wrong?

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DonTlaloc said:
G2K said:
No need:

Download it, unzip. In Photoshop (CS3 or higher), open the supplied boxart. Then in the actions pallete, load the supplied action. Paste the boxart of whatever 3D boxart you are trying to make in the same image. Select the layer, run the action.

Has anyone managed to get this to work? Whenever I try it (in CS4) it simply just deletes the content of the layer I've pasted in. What am I doing wrong?

Same for me....

richy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PNo4 said:
DonTlaloc said:
G2K said:
No need:

Same for me....

Unfortunately G2K has omitted to tell us what size the boxart you're pasting in has to be. If you paste the correct size them I'm sure it'll work fine, trouble is I've guessed a few different sizes and only ever got "close" to the desired result with artwork which has been transformed so that the perspective is correct but the positioning/size is generally WAY off. If you're reading this could you advise what the exact size of the artwork should be, G2K? Cheers

albanibr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
koops said:
What you need:

This Photoshop Template
This Photoshop Action

Step by step tutorial:

3. Save it.
7. Choose "Static View"
8. Choose Style 6
smile.gif

rwup52.png

smile.gif

Links off

new links PLEASE

jovanah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
G2K said:
No need:

Guys use the above link in Photoshop. However for me i had to make sure both the 3D and none 3D file where 160 x 225 for the action function to work correctly, for me it resized it to fit perfect in the 3D box

PrimusZa1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try Stylebuilder from Mediaicons.org. Its a standalone program that does what you are looking for. I been using it for years for my Xbox 3d covers.

Scratch that! Sorry the 3d angle is different Oh well

PrimusZa1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I went and made a new transformer for Stylebuilder from Mediaicons.org. Download the file linked below and uncompress it to your C: drive in the directory "StyleBuilder". You must have framenetwork 2.0 installed for this program to work. Once uncompressed Click on StyleBuilder.exe (app) to run. At menu click FILE the OPEN. Browse to the C:\stylebuilder\Styles directory and pick the "WiiTilted.xml" transformer. When transformer loads click the first button "Choose input" and browse to a FULL (front/spine/back) case cover and load it. Click "Do transform" and Stylebuilder will build you a 3d cover. Click last button "Save Output" to save it to your computer. Currently the size is set to 160 X 244 but you can change it yourself by right clicking on the "Resize Image" button and choose properties then change the target size

Please note Stylebuilder currently only seems to work in XP (VMware too) and I have not tested it in Windows 7. all I know is it errors in Vista. Hope this helped!

StyleBuilder

neardark

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys please feel free to upload your new covers to our new site address in my signature, also we have thousands of covers if your missing some and if we dont have it you can request it.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PrimusZa1 said:
Ok I went and made a new transformer for Stylebuilder from Mediaicons.org. Download the file linked below and uncompress it to your C: drive in the directory "StyleBuilder". You must have framenetwork 2.0 installed for this program to work. Once uncompressed Click on StyleBuilder.exe (app) to run. At menu click FILE the OPEN. Browse to the C:\stylebuilder\Styles directory and pick the "WiiTilted.xml" transformer. When transformer loads click the first button "Choose input" and browse to a FULL (front/spine/back) case cover and load it. Click "Do transform" and Stylebuilder will build you a 3d cover. Click last button "Save Output" to save it to your computer. Currently the size is set to 160 X 244 but you can change it yourself by right clicking on the "Resize Image" button and choose properties then change the target size

Please note Stylebuilder currently only seems to work in XP (VMware too) and I have not tested it in Windows 7. all I know is it errors in Vista. Hope this helped!

StyleBuilder

Thanks man, works perfect.

henkie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bula said:
PrimusZa1 said:

StyleBuilder

Thanks man, works perfect.

Yeah, thanks, this works great
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol