Hacking WIP [Tutorial] How to run Minecraft: Java Edition on the nintendo switch with linux

Yo_Homie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An old Minecraft ebuild that no longer works in Gentoo provided a shell script wrapper around java that would modify the java classpath it received to redirect everything to system libraries. If you can still override what version of java to use, you can probably still pull something similar. Minecraft has to pass all the java libraries to java in the argument list.

I’m not 100% sure what you are talking about, as I said most of this is over my head, but it looks like the script that is being used in the tutorial for this thread does what you are talking about, or at least something similar.

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I’m not 100% sure what you are talking about, as I said most of this is over my head, but it looks like the script that is being used in the tutorial for this thread does what you are talking about, or at least something similar.

The OP describes only the setup process as far as I can tell, not overriding of all libraries. Perhaps the runOptifine script does something, but since it now 404's I have no way of determining this.

Yo_Homie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The OP describes only the setup process as far as I can tell, not overriding of all libraries. Perhaps the runOptifine script does something, but since it now 404's I have no way of determining this.

Yes, the runOptifine12..... script loads all of the libraries seperately (I think). The script may be available (but may also be slightly different) on the raspberry pi tutorial that this is based off of.

Edit: I think this link is it:
dropbox.com/s/ca37tzxxc9hvsyd/runOptifine1_12_1.sh

Last edited by Yo_Homie,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...