Turning .PKG into NPUBxxxxx

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by lordofthereef, Mar 13, 2014.

1. lordofthereef
    OP

lordofthereef GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2013
    United States
    Boston, MA
    Hi folks,
    New to the scene and am still elearning quite a bit. Anyway, been downloading some PSN titles and Turtles in Time Reshelled caught my eye as it was in ISO form (this is a PSN only release). I extracted the ISO, found the tage (it is NPUB30107 for those wondering) and laoded it through multiman exactly how I would load BLES, BLUS, etc. folders (games).

So... is there a way for me to unpack the pkg such that I am able to play all PSN titles loaded like a game disc off of an external hard disk? That would be SUPER

2. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Yes and no. You can unpack the PKG, but you need to resign the eboots, edit PARAM.SFO and occasionally create a PS3DISC.SFB to match.

But to be honest, its like 20% hit, 80% miss. Out of the 5 games I downloaded from PSN, only 1 was able to work properly. 2 would launch but have small glitches, and a couple refuse to boot.

Really not worth the headache. Besides, if you have that many PSN PKGS, you should put them in a folder in XMB.

3. lordofthereef
    OP

lordofthereef GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2013
    United States
    Boston, MA
    I just wanted them all in the same place. The turtles game I downloaded as an .iso and it boots and plays just fine, which is what gave me the idea in the first place. I don't really have a ton of PSN games, I just prefer everything be stored in one centralized location is all.

EDIT: Found this, will update on how well it works

4. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Yea, your best bet is just unpack it, change PARAM to disc game (change the title id if there is a retail version), create a PS3DISC.SFB to match the titleID, and resign the eboot for retail.

Then you can conver the whole extracted contents to an ISO and give it a shot.