Turbografx-16 CD, playing burned supercd pc engine cd games?

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by TheNeck, Oct 9, 2014.

1. TheNeck
    OP

TheNeck GBAtemp Fan

Jun 27, 2007
    United States
    Southern California
    ive tried burning multiple different pc engine super cd games, and none of them will load with the super system card ver 3.0 on my turbografx 16 cd system.

not sure what the problem is, the burned cds will run in magicengine emulator.

also reguard turbografx-16 cd games load fine.

2. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    cards are region locked. if you're trying to use one, a japanese system card has no effect.

3. TheNeck
    OP

TheNeck GBAtemp Fan

Jun 27, 2007
    United States
    Southern California
    thanks i didnt know that

that would be my problem then :(

update
    just to clarify, even if i use a converter with the super system card 3.0? it does load on the tg-16 cd, but when i try to launch a pc engine cd game i copied, it just shows a black blank screen

4. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    converter should work.

might need something like a laser adjustment. while no real security, it wasn't made to expect copies either.

5. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Could be the brand of blank discs. I'm not up on what's considered good anymore, hopefully someone can come along and tell you.

6. Hop2089

Hop2089 Cute>Hot

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    It's not so much the media but your burner (some people say it's that as well but the problems I had in the past was with the burner itself), you often need a very old burner like a Plextor and burn discs from it to play them, the PCE CD and Turbo CD are temperamental when it comes to burned discs, modern burners burn at 8x speed minimum, you need something even slower for them (2x preferred) to work on the PCE CD or Turbo CD.

7. TheNeck
    OP

TheNeck GBAtemp Fan

Jun 27, 2007
    United States
    Southern California
    thanks for the information, hopefully i can give that a try and find an older burner to burn at 2x.