[debugger active]
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hm, nice nice.

I have a doubt on something, I have a S7 Edge(Exynos, it's able to unlock the bootloader and install TWRP) if I install Magisk, and it trips Knox, what would I lose with a Tripped Knox?(Searched online, found mixed results :P )
it voids your warantee

tunip3

[debugger active]
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Cyan do you see this when you turn boot up your phone
upload_2017-9-3_18-32-59.png

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, I see this.
and then another animated sequence with random letters flying to the center of the screen recreating that logo. (that's probably a video)

Last edited by Cyan,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can repack everything in pac format?
or maybe you can make your own patcher to work with that phone (I would trust it more than the Chinese usb drivers lol)

which file do you need to edit to root the phone?

Last edited by Cyan,

tunip3

[debugger active]
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
or maybe you can make your own patcher to work with that phone (I would trust it more than the Chinese usb drivers lol)
im not sure if adb is compatible if so i can write a better tool if not it may be locked to this proprietary tool

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see... Did some more deep research. It apparently removes warranty and disables Samsung Pay... I may root the phone.. IDK :P

Knoxx trips and you lose Samsung pay, warranty and that's it really. Last year I had my s7 edge rooted and used custom ROMs, the ROMs make up for not having Samsung pay imo.

tunip3

[debugger active]
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

which file do you need to edit to root the phone?
can you check if adb works

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm sorry, I don't know what adb is.
That's my first smartphone and I never used one before. I still haven't put any SIM inside (it had my father's sim, but now it's not using any phone network)

android debug bridge?
I'm reading info about it right now.

edit:
it looks like I need android SDK, or adb tool/server on computer. or do you want me to just see if the phone has "USB debug" option ?
if possible I would like to not install many tools at once, but only execute one (can I get just adb without installing the full SDK?)

my father has another computer, I'd prefer installing and using that computer for the phone. (I'll have access only in a week)

edit2 :
I found a pack of tools without the need to install the full SDK.
I never connected the phone to my computer yet. I guess/hope adb is fine to run and won't mess with any devices/drivers. (yeah, I'm sometime psychotic about my computer lol, I like to test apps on another one first)

edit3:
it seems I still need to install an usb driver for adb. I'll have to make some tests, but not tonight sorry.

Last edited by Cyan,

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Knoxx trips and you lose Samsung pay, warranty and that's it really. Last year I had my s7 edge rooted and used custom ROMs, the ROMs make up for not having Samsung pay imo.
Thanks! That's what I needed to know. I was scared I would lose something else XD

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tested adb with my phone and it's working.

I could set the usb to "virtual CD drive (read only)" and it had a single adb.rar file on it.
surprisingly, that version didn't work ! it detected my phone, but as "offline".
I downloaded the latest version from android website, and it can now connect.

I tried "backup -all -system" command, and it worked. I deleted pictures and tried again, the backup is the same size. not sure what is included in the backup. at least, not the user's data.
are there tools to browse a backup file?
I don't know the folder structure or how to browse the phone's internal file system with adb.
I guess you'll have to tell me the commands you want me to run, I don't know what I'm doing without help. I'm a newbie with android.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)