Trying to install dd-wrt.

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by TheDreamLord, Nov 10, 2012.

Nov 10, 2012

Trying to install dd-wrt. by TheDreamLord at 3:41 PM (1,401 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. TheDreamLord
    OP

Member TheDreamLord GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ireland
    I have tried to install dd-wrt on my Belkin F5D7230-4 V6000uk, but with no luck.
    Would it be possible to install this on a Belkin F5D8636-4 v2?
    I am afraid of bricking my router, so I don't want to try.

2. TheDreamLord
    OP

Ireland
    Main reason I want it is for proper port forwarding, as I can only do ports separately, and it's really buggy.

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I had a quick scan through a handful of the ?-WRT databases (mainly http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database and http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/start#belkin1 ) and neither of your routers are available by the looks of things.

"as I can only do ports separately"
    Do I take this to mean you want to forward a port range and if so why (any service that really needs forwarding and that is not a standard one should be content with two ports give or multiples if your firewall does not allow TCP and UDP in the same rule)?

If you especially want (and I have not even checked the manual to see if it is available for you) then you might have a DMZ function which does act in a similar manner. Frankly though I can not think of a good reason to use it on anything short of a company that runs separate network segments or you have a multi stage setup.

4. TheDreamLord
    OP

Ireland
    I want to port forward my 3DS, however, static IPs are buggy with my router, and the DMZ blocks all connections made by the device on my router, it doesn't allow any.

5. LockeCole_101629

Member LockeCole_101629 GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
  6. TheDreamLord
    OP

Ireland
    I used TFTP.
    And that's not my router. I'm v6000uk.
    How do I use tomato?