Trying to get my backups working again...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by IVIush, Mar 3, 2017.

1. IVIush
    OP

IVIush Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2017
    United States
    So essentially I used to have my Wii set up and working perfectly with an external HDD connected to it. The HDD enclosure ended up breaking and I didn't touch it for a long time.

Now I'm trying to get it working again. This time I've got an SSD with a SATA>USB cable. My Wii won't recognize it though. Can anyone offer any advice? I've tried both ports and the SSD is formatted to FAT32 (which is what I had working before).

Edit: Essentially what I did was copy-paste all of my folders from the HDD onto the SSD. I figured it'd have the same file system so it would work. Doesn't seem to be going that way though..

Last edited by IVIush, Mar 3, 2017
  2. lukands

lukands I took the little bus here

Mar 27, 2009
    Estonia
    Your mamas house
    The Wii can be picky with the type/brand of HDD, maybe it's the same issue with SSD? Is the SSD usb powered, maybe it needs a y cable for both USB ports?

3. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Fan

Jun 15, 2016
    France
    Hello,

You have to do a copy, stick with wii backup manager, it does it very well.

If you do a copy, paste directly from DDE to DDE, it may be that folders are incorrectly positioned on the DDE.

This is why we need to use wii backup manager.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice