K.Wall.24

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So,I have my wii hacked, got twilight hack like a year ago, hbc, hbb, usbloading, normal stuff. The only three things that havent been haxXored into it have been a NAND loader/dumper(not even sure what NAND is, really, and im not a coder/dev), cIOS 222, and cIOSCORP.

Right now, I'm focusing on the last two. So, I need to know what the latest versions of both of these are so that I can google them and find the proper versions, and i need to know how to install cIOS 222 properly. Also, for the record, cIOSCORP gives me an error -1. Any ideas?

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
dont install CIOSCORP if you use usb loader you dont need it trust me more hassle than worth

also Rev4 is the newest version of cIOS222 and Rev14 is the newest version of cIOS249

most loaders now support both and you can just switch from 249 to 222 if a game gives issues and vice versa

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
dajavax said:
the latest cIOSCORP is v3.4... get a NAND backup first to be safe if you screw up...

cIOSCORP: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=178424

BootMii (NAND Backup): http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Bootmii

for the other things listen to kLiNiKaL... except I do recommend cIOSCORP

i agree cIOSCORP is useful to a certain extent when you wanna just play a game like a retail version, provided you understand exactly what it is your doing to your Wii and the chances of adverse effects if you dont.

K.Wall.24

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well, i realize that about cioscorp being more hassle than its worth. however, a hard drive can die. everything would be deleted. gone. poof. discs dont go poof. also, I need 222 to run some games that 249 wont. so....

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well you can throw in a pretty similar argument saying that the Wii's DVD drive can die just as easily as a hard drive could. While you'd still have all of your game discs, they'd be pretty much useless since your computer wouldn't even read them anyways unless you had that specific LG drive or whatever that can read them.

If you do have all your games on discs anyways, if your hard drive does happen to crap out on you, you can get a new one and reinstall them with the discs.

And it's not like you can't use backup discs if you don't install CIOSCORP. You could install an autoboot NeoGamma channel, enable the move disc channel hack in preloader or startpatch, and just replace it with the disc channel, and you have pretty much the same ease of use without overwriting every IOS on your system.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
nabster92 said:
Well you can throw in a pretty similar argument saying that the Wii's DVD drive can die just as easily as a hard drive could. While you'd still have all of your game discs, they'd be pretty much useless since your computer wouldn't even read them anyways unless you had that specific LG drive or whatever that can read them.

pc's can read wii backups

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nutta_nic said:
nabster92 said:

pc's can read wii backups

OK I guess that's only applicable to original discs, but regardless, what difference would it really make if your Wii's drive was dead anyways? All you'd pretty much be able to do is dump the iso and then put it on a hard drive through wbfs manager or something, which would take a lot longer than just directly installing it to a new hard drive in the event your hard drive died.

spacedkadet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have to lol @ this thread and cioscorp in general. the op rates getting cioscorp working higher priority than getting a nand backup through bootmii.

that is soooooooo backwards..

having bootmii as boot2 will save you from the brick that cioscorp could make when it mixes up you ios' .

everything that cioscorp does can be done "WITHOUT" scrambling your ios' if only people could be bothered to read.

man there are so many of these threads atm that its wearing really thin lol. sorry but omg read the stickies keeps coming to mind....................

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
well i have several externals, one containing soley .iso's and another WBFS so disk failure wouldnt really be a biggy for me

on the other hand, why do you need cIOScrap for 222? its got nothing to do with it AT ALL

i've got a disc channel clone, granted doesnt show the banner but it has autoboot NeoGamma injected into it for using cIOS249 and you can just move your original disc channel out the way

if you or anyone really wants it they can have it

the point is stop being so pedantic about being able to load via Disc Channel and just use your common sense.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo