Hacking Trying to get back my Wiiflow/USB backup loader..

itm60

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hacked my Wii a few years ago (but don't remember much about how I did it), and managed to get the Homebrew Channel and Wiiflow installed on it. I was successfully able to load and play game ISO's stored on the external USB drive.

I fired it up again yesterday to discover that the external HDD wasn't working, so tried experimenting with using a 128GB USB stick (without success), without success. In the course of my experiment I seem to have screwed up my original Homebrew installation - when I now select Homebrew Channel from the initial menu I get an "Exception (DSI) occurred" (followed by a stack dump). If I try to select the System Menu I just get a blank screen.

These are the things that I remember trying yesterday:
- Downloading USB Loader GX and putting it on my SD card
- Accepting a prompt to download an update to the Homebrew Channel (which appeared to update OK)
- Wiping the contents of my SD and starting again with an apps folder containing only USB Loader GX.

I'm guessing that it was the combination of the 2nd and 3rd steps above which have screwed things up - maybe making the version of Homebrew that I had out-of-step with what's now on the SD card??

I've now restored (I think) the original contents of my SD card (from before I started experimenting with the 128GB USB stick), and have managed to get the original USB drive working again, but I can't get into the System Menu or Homebrew channel. The full list of options that I have at startup is:
- System menu - takes me to a blank white screen
- Homebrew channel - gives an Exception/stack dump
- BootMii IOS - gives "Could not find sd:/bootmii/armboot.bin"
- Installed File
- Load/Install File
- System Menu Hacks
- Settings.

Other system info from the start screen:
IOS v70
Systemmenu v482
priiloader v0.1 (r15)

Can anyone suggest a way of restoring my Wiiflow and Homebrew Channel?

itm60

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've just found that I can in fact get into the Wii Menu if I press the A button after getting the white screen. But no idea how to get the Homebrew Channel and Wiiflow working again...???

itm60

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello ,

If your hack is old, update it by following this guide ==>
Avoid USB keys for wii, prefer an external hard drive for better connectivity.
Thanks for the pointer. The link to the ModMii usage guide now takes you to a spam page, so I wasn't able to read about how it works/what it does, but I was able to download the installer.

Can I use the ModMii method from scratch even though I hacked my Wii using some other method several years ago?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.