AtelierMari

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all! Me again lol.

The R4 I ordered months ago finally arrived (R4i Gold Plus) and it's been working great so far. I'm pretty sure I put Wood R4 on there and made sure it was the latest version available. (I think it was Wood R4 at least, I'm kinda bad with these things ^_^; )

Fast forward to my issue, there is a romhack of a Pokemon game I wanted to try that's a hack of HeartGold to basically be a remake of Firered. I'm actually struggling to find a lot of information on this hack, but I do know it's by Chaos Rush & Team Plasma King.

Anyways, unlike other nds roms, when I click on this one it has no little loading bar thing and goes straight to the "Loading" screen, but just hangs there. I've had other romhacks work okay, but they weren't as major a hack as this one I guess. I can't find any solid information about getting this to work either, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

If there's any more information I can give to help, please let me know as I'd be happy to do whatever I can. My PC is shot right now so this is the only way I can play it >_<;

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all! Me again lol.

The R4 I ordered months ago finally arrived (R4i Gold Plus) and it's been working great so far. I'm pretty sure I put Wood R4 on there and made sure it was the latest version available. (I think it was Wood R4 at least, I'm kinda bad with these things ^_^; )

Fast forward to my issue, there is a romhack of a Pokemon game I wanted to try that's a hack of HeartGold to basically be a remake of Firered. I'm actually struggling to find a lot of information on this hack, but I do know it's by Chaos Rush & Team Plasma King.

Anyways, unlike other nds roms, when I click on this one it has no little loading bar thing and goes straight to the "Loading" screen, but just hangs there. I've had other romhacks work okay, but they weren't as major a hack as this one I guess. I can't find any solid information about getting this to work either, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

If there's any more information I can give to help, please let me know as I'd be happy to do whatever I can. My PC is shot right now so this is the only way I can play it >_<;
Well, first of all, and this may sound dumb

Are you attempting to load the patch as if it were a rom?

What is the filesize

AtelierMari

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well, first of all, and this may sound dumb

Are you attempting to load the patch as if it were a rom?

What is the filesize

Luckily even I'm not that stupid! XD I can't even find the patch honestly /: All I could find were already prepatched files. But it is a .nds file and it's filesize is about 121mb.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Mythical

AtelierMari

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well the original rom is like 40mb and the patch is like 2mb, so I think you have a fake rom

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=329029

The first mirror here should have the correct patch

See, that's the thing I'm all confused about. This hack says it only goes up to the 4th gym while the ones I've seen around say the game is compelte and V1.5 and is by Chaos Rush and Team Plasma King.

I've tried the rom out on my other 3DS which has CFW using Twilight Menu and it actually did load on there, so the rom seems to be legit. Then again, the only place I can find this hack is on those "Hacked Pokemon game" sites and youtube videos linking to them, I guess maybe I really did get duped then. :c

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See, that's the thing I'm all confused about. This hack says it only goes up to the 4th gym while the ones I've seen around say the game is compelte and V1.5 and is by Chaos Rush and Team Plasma King.

I've tried the rom out on my other 3DS which has CFW using Twilight Menu and it actually did load on there, so the rom seems to be legit. Then again, the only place I can find this hack is on those "Hacked Pokemon game" sites and youtube videos linking to them, I guess maybe I really did get duped then. :c
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, so it does run on your 3ds? Then it's not fake.

Very odd. That's a massive rom size. How are you getting it onto your SD card if your computer is broken? Phone? Try running it on a phone emulator and see if it boots there.

So how far can you get on the 3ds? Does it run smoothly there?

AtelierMari

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, so it does run on your 3ds? Then it's not fake.

Very odd. That's a massive rom size. How are you getting it onto your SD card if your computer is broken? Phone? Try running it on a phone emulator and see if it boots there.

So how far can you get on the 3ds? Does it run smoothly there?

I understand the rom itself isn't fake but I'm thinking maybe the way it's being promoted is fake or something? Like, I seriously am struggling to find any actual info on this hack after all.

I should have been more clear sorry, it's not that my computer is actually broken it's that it runs at the speed of a snail in old age these days, so I can use it to transfer files at least. I did try to run it on Desmume and it would boot up there, but it was so laggy I couldn't make much progress.

On my 3DS it runs just fine though, the same as a normal Pokemon game would. I haven't played too far yet but I can at least get the starter Pokemon and all that, but that's as far as I've gone for now so I don't know whether or not it's just the same one that was in that link you sent (Although, it does seem to be) and is just being put on other sites as a completed hack or not yet.

Reactions: x65943

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that case I don't know why it won't run on your ds, that's pretty strange

As to the validity of the game being complete, I saw this comment on YouTube

"To anyone that stumbles onto this video, it's clickbait. The game is not completed. It's actually a stolen version of an incomplete NDS romhack. That's why there isn't more footage or any notoriety to it online."

AtelierMari

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In that case I don't know why it won't run on your ds, that's pretty strange

As to the validity of the game being complete, I saw this comment on YouTube

"To anyone that stumbles onto this video, it's clickbait. The game is not completed. It's actually a stolen version of an incomplete NDS romhack. That's why there isn't more footage or any notoriety to it online."

Well that clears that up then! I'll try using the patch you linked me to and see if that works on my R4 just to make sure that the issue is the weird rom I got lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-