Hacking Trouble with multi-disk eboot.pbp backups

JarrahWhite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
OK. Recently I started using ImgBurn to make backups of my own personal PS1 disc collection. I then convert these rips to eboot.pbp using PSX2PSP, which I then copy to my Vita and play using Adrenaline. For single-disc games, it works fine. But I've encountered an issue with multiple disk games.

I made an eboot.pbp of Driver 2. I played through the first half of the game without issue, but when I try to switch to Disc 2 when prompted to, I get the following message: "Cannot switch discs. The game did not tell you to switch discs. To start a game on a different disc, select [Reset Game]"

Unfortunately, in the case of Driver 2, I can only access the main menu on disc 1. So if I try to reset the game on disc 2, I'm prompted to switch to disc 1 but the Vita keeps telling me that the game didn't tell me to switch discs even though it obviously did!

Am I doing something wrong? With PSX2PSP, I followed the instructions in this video.

However, looking at the video, I see the files that he's using are 'PowerISO file". The files I ripped are in .BIN and .CUE format. PSX2PSP only lets me select the .BIN files. Am I ripping the discs incorrectly or do I need to convert these to PowerISO before loading them into PSX2PSP?

Vinceherman

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
he just has the bin files associated with PowerISO, at 30 secs in it shows he has loaded a .bin file

it might be easier to just download a psp eboot for driver 2 from the internet

Last edited by Vinceherman,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can use bin files just fine, as long as they are of the full disc each (as opposed to split-track)

Are you adding the bin files to the same eboot, using the dropdown (disc 1-2-3-4-5) in PSX2PSP?

JarrahWhite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it might be easier to just download a psp eboot for driver 2 from the internet

The prefer to use my legally obtained copies of games. Anyway, the only eboot I can find is for the US version. My copy was bought in Australia. The US version has Disk ID numbers of SLUS-01161 and SLUS-01318, while the PAL versions are SLES02993 and SLES12993. The US eboot wouldn't work with my game saves.

You can use bin files just fine, as long as they are of the full disc each (as opposed to split-track)

Are you adding the bin files to the same eboot, using the dropdown (disc 1-2-3-4-5) in PSX2PSP?

Yes, I am. I open up PSX2PSP; grab "ISO/PBP File 2" select disk 2; then I grab "ISO/PBP File 1", select disk 1; add the background, icon and description, then hit convert. I've tried it several times.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ah sorry, got sidetracked by the question about file formats :)

I don't know what it really wants, when it says that a swap wasn't requested (I thought standard practice was to just notice the cover was opened since the previous read, and so identify the disc again, with no preparations required): it could well be that the official PS1 mode wasn't designed to be compatible with that game!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse