Hacking Trouble with loading games on USB Loader GX

Nahte

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm just getting into Wii hacking/modding and despite following all the tutorials and forums I could find, I am encountering some serious issues. Everything seems to be working okay with the exception of loading the actual games in USB Loader GX. I'm using a regular Wii, 2GB SD card, and USB 3.0 64 GB flash drive at the moment. Formatting the usb drive to fat32 or ntfs has lackluster results, and USB Loader GX doesn't even pick up the drive in these 2 formats. It does pick up the drive in wbfs, and it works relatively fine this way playing my games I have on disk. After downloading them to the drive, they can be played perfectly just like with the disk in. However, when trying to boot a game downloaded from the internet compiled onto the drive using Wii Backup Manager, the loader never boots, freezing on the "Initialize USB Device" screen. When I unplug the usb drive, the boot up just continues like there wasn't a drive in the Wii in the first place. After taking the internet downloaded game off if the usb drive, the boot-up proceeds as normal again. I can't find a forum post, video, or otherwise of anyone encountering my same issue before. Any advice would be great.

FancyNintendoGamer567

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Do you have cIOSes installed?
2. When you have your USB in FAT32 or NTFS, do you have it in the right location? (a.k.a USB:/wbfs)
3. Did you try both ports
4. Is your USB one partition?

If your answer to these four questions are Yes. Then your flash drive doesn't work with the Wii. (Some more newer flash drives have some problem being read by the Wii, use more older flash drives, or just flat out switch to HDD and a USB interface.)

Last edited by FancyNintendoGamer567,

Nahte

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Do you have cIOSes installed?
2. When you have your USB in FAT32 or NTFS, do you have it in the right location? (a.k.a USB:/wbfs)
3. Did you try both ports
4. Is your USB one partition?

If your answer to these four questions are Yes. Then your flash drive doesn't work with the Wii. (Some more newer flash drives have some problem being read by the Wii, use more older flash drives, or just flat out switch to HDD and a USB interface.)

I do have all those things together, so I guess my flash drive is incompatible. I've also tested 2 other flash drives I have, and they have the same issue, so I guess they are incompatible too. Any suggestions as to what to use that will be compatible?

akuotoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
It happened to me with a 8GB HP USB thumb drive, I think the drive is just a trouble maker. Other drives worked just fine. It's probably a compatibility issue. It happened with other drive once, I used the drive it before to install Windows from USB and I fixed it by completely erasing partitions and MBR and reformatting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described