Trouble with Forwarding

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Elliander, Jan 18, 2013.

Jan 18, 2013

Trouble with Forwarding by Elliander at 1:54 AM (369 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Elliander
    OP

Member Elliander GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I decided to make a few Forwarders with "CustomizeMii 3.11" - nothing fancy, just something to more conveniently access Homebrew Channel apps. They work perfectly loading up, but when it tries to exit to the HBC is crashes with a stack dump.

So far Simon, Wii Solitaire, Hex, Wii Earth,

The only forwarders I made that isn't causing this problem is: WiitrualBoy, Atari 7800

Additionally, when I try running "Wii Solitaire" from the forwarder it doesn't detect the SD card (which is weird), and "Brawl Stats" says I must run it from HBC when I load it up (at least it doesn't crash when it closes)

There were also two forwarders made by others which didn't work for me that I tried using as a "base" to see if I can get them to work. Hugo would load, but gives a stack dump on exit. WiiSX forwarder gives me the same stack dump I saw when I downloaded the original and reloads.

I kept the Startup IOS the default: 35

Is there any way I can get these to work right?Also, I wasn't able to get any .wav files to work with CustomizeMii.

Attached are three samples.

Attached Files:

2. Elliander
    OP

Member Elliander GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Turns out that although the forwarder I made for Atari 7800 loads and exits correctly it can't see the games unlike hot it works when loaded from the homebrew channel.

3. JaapDaniels

Member JaapDaniels GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    i can try to fix it... it could be the base wad is not AHBPROT compitabel.
    the channel you use could block the ios reload, and changing it just to ios 58 won't activate AHBPROT.
    you'll need an ahbprot base ios.

4. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    There's no AHBPROT base IOS.
    The AHBPROT, like you said, is not enabled by only using a different IOS, you need to set a byte in the tmd file of the channel to disable the protection and allows access to hardware.

That tmd patch acts like the <ahb_access/> tag from homebrew channel.

open the tmd file in hexeditor
    go to address 0x1D8 (0x1D8 to 0x1DB)
    replace the content by 00 00 00 03