Hardware Trouble with Controller Compatibility and WADs

kentyndo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having an issue with getting around the "Classic Controller Required" Screen. I have a wavebird and wii pro controller but that is it. For whatever reason Paper Mario refuses to recognize these controllers.

I'm trying to launch the wad through USB loader GX, which both controllers work for, but once I've loaded the game, the controller stop working. How could I get around this screen or get the controllers to work? Thanks.

Edit: It might be worth noting that if I leave the pro controller plugged in the wiimote, I can press the home button and the console recognizes this input. It does not let me go to the wii menu though.

kentyndo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fortunately I was able to resolve this issue by loading the wads through a different method. Now, that screen simply disappears.

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Fortunately I was able to resolve this issue by loading the wads through a different method. Now, that screen simply disappears.
Can you please tell the method you used for load the WADs and get past that screen?
Because your solution will be helpful (and useful) for other users having the same problem.

kentyndo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you please tell the method you used for load the WADs and get past that screen?
Because your solution will be helpful (and useful) for other users having the same problem.
Sure! Unfortunately I cannot link the thread because of my membership status, but here's what I did. Previously I was trying to load the wads through USB Loader using the emuNAND function. To fix this, I used WiiMod Lite.

I simply followed the directions at wii.guide and everything worked smoothly. I can now play the games using a WaveBird.

Important to note: This is for VC wads incase anyone was confused.

Reactions: SaulFabre

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs