Hacking Trouble Launching Homebrew

MamaPurgeKun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm new to this whole CFW thing. I discovered it recently and so tried to get stuff working on my old 3DS XL, but that didn't work because I had already updated it to version 11.4. However, I had an older 3DS that had been reset when I moved it's memory to my new XL, so I decided to try to get homebrew on that one because it was version 7.0. I followed the 3DS.guide for old 3DSs with firmware version 7.0-8.1 and everything worked perfectly until I got to the part where I have to make Download Play the Homebrew title; for some reason, after I use Rosalina to make Download play the Homebrew title, when I try to reopen Download Play, my 3DS loads and loads but never actually opens Homebrew. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So I'm new to this whole CFW thing. I discovered it recently and so tried to get stuff working on my old 3DS XL, but that didn't work because I had already updated it to version 11.4. However, I had an older 3DS that had been reset when I moved it's memory to my new XL, so I decided to try to get homebrew on that one because it was version 7.0. I followed the 3DS.guide for old 3DSs with firmware version 7.0-8.1 and everything worked perfectly until I got to the part where I have to make Download Play the Homebrew title; for some reason, after I use Rosalina to make Download play the Homebrew title, when I try to reopen Download Play, my 3DS loads and loads but never actually opens Homebrew. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?
Do you have the correct starter pack files on your SD card?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can't get Download play to load HomeBrew then you can follow this guide instead to inject it into your Health and Safety app. Afterwards, you can install the FBI CIA and then restore your H&S app if you'd like.

Injecting any .CIA app into Health & Safety
Prep Work
  • For organizational purposes, copy the .cia file you wish to inject to the /cias/ folder on your SD card
    • Note that it is not possible to inject files into Health & Safety that are larger than it (including games and other large applications)
Instructions
  1. Boot your device while holding (Start) to launch the Luma3DS chainloader menu
  2. Launch GodMode9 by pressing (A)
  3. Navigate to [0:] SDCARD -> cias
  4. Press (A) on your .cia to select it, then select “CIA image options…”, then select “Mount image to drive”
  5. Press (A) on the .app file, then select “NCCH image options”, then select “Inject to H&S”
  6. Press (A) to unlock SysNAND (lvl1) writing, then input the key combo given
  7. Press (A) to continue
  8. Press (A) to relock write permissions if prompted
Restoring Health & Safety after injecting a .CIA app
This will only work if the Health & Safety injection was performed by GodMode9 (not Decrypt9 or Hourglass9).

Instructions
  1. Boot your device while holding (Start) to launch the Luma3DS chainloader menu
  3. Press (Home) to bring up the action menu
  4. Select “More…”
  5. Select “Restore H&S”
  7. Press (A) to relock write permissions if prompted

Reactions: Quantumcat

MamaPurgeKun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can't get Download play to load HomeBrew then you can follow this guide instead to inject it into your Health and Safety app. Afterwards, you can install the FBI CIA and then restore your H&S app if you'd like.

Injecting any .CIA app into Health & Safety
Prep Work
  • For organizational purposes, copy the .cia file you wish to inject to the /cias/ folder on your SD card
    • Note that it is not possible to inject files into Health & Safety that are larger than it (including games and other large applications)
Instructions
  3. Navigate to [0:] SDCARD -> cias
  4. Press (A) on your .cia to select it, then select “CIA image options…”, then select “Mount image to drive”
  5. Press (A) on the .app file, then select “NCCH image options”, then select “Inject to H&S”
  7. Press (A) to continue
  8. Press (A) to relock write permissions if prompted
Restoring Health & Safety after injecting a .CIA app
This will only work if the Health & Safety injection was performed by GodMode9 (not Decrypt9 or Hourglass9).

Instructions
  3. Press (Home) to bring up the action menu
  4. Select “More…”
  5. Select “Restore H&S”
  7. Press (A) to relock write permissions if prompted
Thanks for the help. I followed your instructions and Health and Safety became the Homebrew Launcher, however, when I launch it the screen just says "Homebrew" and i can't seem to do anything else.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help. I followed your instructions and Health and Safety became the Homebrew Launcher, however, when I launch it the screen just says "Homebrew" and i can't seem to do anything else.
Use the FBI CIA, not the hOmebrew one, then you can use FBI to install the CIA of FBI. If that makes sense Lol

Reactions: Quantumcat

MamaPurgeKun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I still couldn't get Homebrew to run but I did get FBI downloaded and working so I can actually use my CIA files now. Thanks for your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz