Homebrew Trouble Installing Game CIAs

Negatronic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a N2DS XL that was Running Luma 9. I had installed plenty of games, and emulators but one night it just started locking up on me and sometimes wouldn't even boot up at all. I was somehow able to load the transfer CTR on there and it stopped crashing. Then I loaded my my NAND backup from when I originally installed Luma. So now I am running stable, and I have FBI, Animone, Luma 9.1, everything looks great except I can't installed a game CIA. I have installed several homebrew CIA's just fine. I know my game CIAs are good because I use them on other systems. I even got Terraria to work by mounting it to health and safety. But I cannot install it as a CIA.

The FBI CIA install progress bar goes up to 100% then I get this:

Failed to install CIA file.
Result code: 0xD8E0806A
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Invalid argument (7)
Module: AM (32)
Desc: Cert signature or hash check failed (106)

I have tried deleting the ticket, and all unused tickets. Any help would be appreciated.

Negatronic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It definitely isn't bad CIA's. I used my same CIAs setting up a new system last week with no issues at all. It is some kind of problem with the N2DSXL. I don't know if it is a ticket conflict or what. If I restore my backup NAND from before any CIA's were installed it should have no ticket data with which to conflict right? I'm honestly at the end of my rope with it. If you're so sure its a bad CIA, you can buy it from me. It boots up just fine. Runs FBI, Animone, GM9. Just can't get it to install a game CIA to save my life.

But on a serious note, I would sell it. One of you geniuses could probably have it figured out in 3 minutes.

RattletraPM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You said you've deleted the ticket and all unused tickets, but have you tried to export ticket.db from your previous NAND backup and then importing it after the ctrtransfer? You can use GodMode9 and the Megascript to do that if you didn't.

Negatronic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I think I finally got it! I used tinyformat to clear out the sysnand. I just installed a game CIA! Yes I think it must have been some type of conflict with the title.db or something, but the important thing is that I'm up and running again. Thanks guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: @K3Nv2