Roobitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Go to this website:
http://www.wiidrives.com/list

Enter your wii's serial number. It will tell you if you have the D3-2 drivechip or not. This is the first thing that must be determined before any additional advice can be given for certain about what to do next. If the site does say you have the d3-2 chip, there is NO solution for playing burned discs at the moment.

riahc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roobitz said:
Go to this website:
http://www.wiidrives.com/list

Enter your wii's serial number. It will tell you if you have the D3-2 drivechip or not. This is the first thing that must be determined before any additional advice can be given for certain about what to do next. If the site does say you have the d3-2 chip, there is NO solution for playing burned discs at the moment.
Where can I find the Wii's serial number?

As noted before, this isnt my Wii and I cant be infront of it so this is to tell the person the instructions so I can fill it in and see if it has it or not.

Roobitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You'll find that information printed on the bottom of the Wii. If your Wii was purchased in North America, it will probably start with the letters LU. I think Europe is LEH and Japan is LJF. Mine was 11 digits long including the LU.

gamecat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I could not get backups to run through neogamma when using the rev14 cios from xzeros pack. I was getting the 'Unauthorized device detected' error.

I lucky still had the wads for cios's i installed on my wii when i modded it so installed them and the backups ran ok.

Do you have the cios you installed on the wii that plays the backups?

Please ball me out if this doesn't make sense/is unwise.

riahc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamecat said:
I could not get backups to run through neogamma when using the rev14 cios from xzeros pack. I was getting the 'Unauthorized device detected' error.

I lucky still had the wads for cios's i installed on my wii when i modded it so installed them and the backups ran ok.

Please make your own topic. Thank you.

The person is in another place right now so he cant see the serial number.....Ill get back to you on this.

D

Deleted member 180466

riahc3 said:
gamecat said:

Please, it's better to post on a thread that are maked when somebody have the same problem like you. Better then just make other stupid thread like this. Hope you get it!

/GHBAimen

riahc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GHBAimen said:
riahc3 said:
gamecat said:

Please, it's better to post on a thread that are maked when somebody have the same problem like you. Better then just make other stupid thread like this. Hope you get it!

/GHBAimen
I understood his post as asking for help. If you have the same problem as me, you should make another thread regardless........Maybe we have different SM installed, region, etc....Every case is not the same. Hope you get it!

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's is always better to put all info for this or any prob on one thread. It's easy to find the info that way, running a search would then yield fewer results. Plus you are just gonna ditch this thread once you get your answers so stop trying to tell others to start another thread.
tongue.gif

gamecat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i dont have any problem with my wii - i fixed the issue i was having after following the softmod guide that was similar to yours.

I dont need to start a thread as i solved my problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16