Ryu3092

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie and I have a question, is it possible to install a translation patch in an official nintendo switch game (downloaded legaly on the nintendo Eshop) without any hack ?
If it's okay, how can I install it ?

I'm talking about a translation patch for Final Fantasy VII in French.

Thanks for your anwsers :yayswitch:
Sorry for my english mistakes :mellow:

Reactions: RY0M43CH1Z3N

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie and I have a question, is it possible to install a translation patch in an official nintendo switch game (downloaded legaly on the nintendo Eshop) without any hack ?
If it's okay, how can I install it ?

Thanks for your anwsers :yayswitch:
Sorry for my english mistakes :mellow:
Not without hacking

Reactions: Ryu3092

Ryu3092

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, xecuter would with and is probable the simplest. You could also use atmosphere

Okay, I'm not that bad on hacking something, recently I've hacked my New nintendo 3ds XL but I'm a lil bit scared about doing this with my switch, I don't want to brick it.
I bought it day 1, so I guess it will not be so hard to hack.

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The Switch version is based on the PC version 1.02 (it even has the pc executables in "romfs\ff7\resources\ff7_1.02\").
But i don't think you can simply use a patch from that version to re-translate it.

Most likely a new patch needs to be made.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't even know that game was planed on Switch !

there's a French translation patch for that game on switch?
If there's a patch already available, please let me know where so I'll add it to our wiki page. But I guess if the game release is today, there's no way a switch patch is already available.

that's strange that they didn't release it in french if that game had official French version on PC.

Ryu3092

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't even know that game was planed on Switch !

there's a French translation patch for that game on switch?
If there's a patch already available, please let me know where so I'll add it to our wiki page. But I guess if the game release is today, there's no way a switch patch is already available.

that's strange that they didn't release it in french if that game had official French version on PC.

I'm talking about the neo midgar re-translate patch ^_^
The team (or a fan) will work on the patch soon, it is avaible for PC, Steam, PS1 and PS4.

It will be avaible soon on switch so that's why I asked about it here.
The original translation for FF7 is a very piece of sh*t, a lot of mistakes and some translation mistakes :wacko:

Reactions: Cyan

Ryu3092

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can confirm, I played in fre... no it wasn't even french ahaha
they used google word by word translation.

True story !

French version is too bad :mellow:

We need the Neo Midgar Patch on Switch :wub: But I wondering how can I install it ? :huh:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you know the 3DS hacking, it's working the same way so you can apply patches on retail games too.
it's using file redirection function from the CFW, which allows you to put only the modified files on SD card. all non modified files are read from the game, the patched files from a folder on SD.

it's called "LayeredFS" on 3DS, it's "mitm" sysmodule on Switch (man in the middle) but often referred to as layeredFS too.

when a patch will be released for the switch, you'll probably have tools to patch the original files.
you'll have to dump your game if you don't have the ROM yet, then use tools to extract and patch needed files, then put them on SD. usually the translation teams provide a batch to automate every steps.
piracy sharing website will probably host pre-patched game ROM, or just pre-patched files for the SD. on GBAtemp you'll have to follow any patching method manually.

just know that using a CFW will probably result in a ban from nintendo's servers/eshop/game update/system update.

Last edited by Cyan,

ShadoGiow

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The Switch version is based on the PC version 1.02 (it even has the pc executables in "romfs\ff7\resources\ff7_1.02\").
But i don't think you can simply use a patch from that version to re-translate it.

Most likely a new patch needs to be made.
How can I open the folders of my copy of FFVIII like you said ?

mamlacosta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I only registered to be able to write about the FFVII. In Spanish the translation is also horrible. I am currently helping to retranslate in Spanish with the group traduccionesxt. I have tried to modify the game files myself and the mods should work, I modify the file sflevel.lgp successfully
(spanish field data).

Attachments

• IMG_20190327_001153.jpg
    IMG_20190327_001153.jpg
    767.6 KB · Views: 224

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Good luck for your translation project :)
if/when you complete it, please let us know so we will list it here too.
remember, only patches can be shared here and on many other website, no already modified files.

Derrin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I only registered to be able to write about the FFVII. In Spanish the translation is also horrible. I am currently helping to retranslate in Spanish with the group traduccionesxt. I have tried to modify the game files myself and the mods should work, I modify the file sflevel.lgp successfully
(spanish field data).
I never played FF7 back in the day, but now, as a translator, I really and honestly do love you from the bottom of my heart.

And I'll be glad to help if there's any need to help :)

sergelama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi everybody
i am new here and i am french (so, i am sorry for my bad english)
I made a mod for ff7 switch with neo midgar files if you are interesed i can to share with you.
Bye

Attachments

• 20190830_131743.jpg
    20190830_131743.jpg
    530 KB · Views: 212
  • 20190830_131814.jpg
    20190830_131814.jpg
    535.9 KB · Views: 186

CatTheDestroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hey guys, hope it's ok to bump up this one!
I was wondering if anyone knows how to apply the beacause translation patch to the switch version?

thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.