Translation Help!

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by EonFlare, Jun 18, 2009.

Jun 18, 2009

Translation Help! by EonFlare at 3:33 AM (1,066 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. EonFlare
    OP

Newcomer EonFlare Newbie

United States
    I have been trying to play Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, so downloaded the translation, and i don't now how to apply it, everyone say drag the rom to the "Apply patch.bat" but every time i do it it does nothing.

2. psycoblaster

Member psycoblaster Divine

Korea, South
    Just follow the directions
    If you do not want to get humiliated by others for being one of the only people who has failed to patch their pokemanz and post a new thread about it for help, then you should just read the directions again and retry because it ain't that hard.
    The bat file is there to make it easier, not harder
    If the directions tell you to rename your rom, then rename it
    If it tells you to extract EVERYTHING into one directory and put the rom in it, do so
    If you still can't do it properly, it's either that you are using a mac and macs fail at things

3. Ryukouki

Member Ryukouki See you later, guys.

United States
    Hey man I was one of the folks making the game so i dunno about ur current case. Did you put in the .nds file extension? From when I did it with Grovyle, I was able to open up the .BAT and I had to type in the name of my rom with the .nds extension and it worked.

OFF TOPIC: Hey psyco: how is ur KH 358/2 translation going? Speaking of translation...

4. Ryukouki

United States
    huh i just did it no problems mate, i don't get what is so hard about it.

5. EonFlare
    OP

Newcomer EonFlare Newbie

United States
    Ok i have the rom, the emulator, and "apply patch.bat" in the same folder, i drag the rom to Apply patch, a black screen goes up, and disappears all quick, and "pmdeos_patched_v0.4.nds" does not show up, so i try the rom and it's still in japanese.
    When i clicked the .BAT it says, "Apply Delta Patch for Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon Sora no Tankentai Please Read the README.txt file! press any key to continue..."
    I cant type in the name of the rom, it just goes away.

6. Ryukouki

United States
    I really dunno then what is ur computer? a mac? a dell? Other than that i really don't know TBH, everything was fine on my end of the game. I got a perfect translation. Anyway if you want more info, dig through the 25 pages of crap on the topic. Search for it. There were concerns about it. I only can say wait for the english one or play the old games cuz I don't know what is going on with your game. -.-