Hacking Transferring Save from Digital Game to Gateway 3DS?

billybob0220

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to transfer a save file from a digital copy of a game on my old 3DSXL to the Gateway 3DS rom on my new 3DSXL. First off... is this possible?

For example on my old 3DS I have Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. I used the stock "Backup Save" option. I then took the SD Card and put it into my computer and copied the 00001.sav file created in the "Nintendo 3DS/UserID/backup/TitleID" folder.

I renamed the 00001.sav to the 0004000000055F00.sav

That is the proper title ID for the game. I then pasted this on the SD Card alongside the Launcher.dat with the other .sav files created by Gateway 3DS. When I launched the game it said "Save file is corrupted. Deleting Save file".

Is there any way to do this correctly?

billybob0220

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? That is lame... what is different about the Gateway 3DS .sav files that they aren't the same as the official 3DS .sav files? You sure there's no way to delete a header with a hex editor or something?

billybob0220

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks anyways.... and nah it wasn't me following popular belief. I actually fixed a save file on another platform by removing a header with a hex editor. Figured it may be possible here. There is always a way to do something just need someone smart to figure it out. Might be the new save features that Gateway is referring to working on.

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
There is always a way to do something just need someone smart to figure it out.

Could you upload the original save file from the eShop game? I'd like to take a look at it and test a few things out. This probably won't get me anywhere, but I just want to satisfy my curiosity.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s