Transferring data deleted my homebrew channel

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by mickthestud, Jan 28, 2013.

1. mickthestud
    OP

Member mickthestud GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Ok so my original wii has been completely hacked many years ago with a modchip and later on with soft modding and homebrew channel running all my games of usbloader was awesome but transferring my old wii purchases to the wiiu Nintendo took the liberty to delete my homebrew channel for me on my original wii so what's my best option to get it back my wii is now on 4.3 ,by memory I originally got the homebrew channel by burning an iso I downloaded on disc many years ago I'm thinking my best option is the smash stack method but I have played around with all my ioses in soft modding it previously ...

2. jay.d

Newcomer jay.d Member

United States
    well if you were on a lower firmware on the Wii & it updated you to 4.3 than it more than likely stubbed your Ios 236 maybe But def your 249 250 which your USB loaders. use. you can still use original disc exploits to install homebrew channel but I prefer letterbomb exploit which uses the Wiis network Mac address to make a special letter in messages to install hBC. if you need to rehack the Wii after that there are many modding tuts.

3. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    oh letterbomb works on the wiiu now?

4. pwsincd

Member pwsincd Garage Flower

United Kingdom

You misread the OP.

5. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    I think you misread....

Anyway, I suggest using modmii to get the needed files and follow the generated tutorial that comes with it.
    Safest and easiest way.