Homebrew Transfering to a larger sd card. "-4" Error

Langeo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I installed haxchi using a 16 gb sd card for some reason. I think I just wanted to hurry and play 4xm so i just used whatever I had around. Anyways now im trying to move to a 64gb sd card because as far as i can tell, a larger sd card is the only way im going to be able to install certain games.

I copy the contents of the 16gb card to the 64 gb card then put the 64gb card in my wii U. Then i load up haxchi. When i do that I get a black screen with a small "-4" in the upper left corner of my screen. I am on 5.5.2 and I have the black 32gb wii u

Langeo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to format the 64 gb sd card to fat 32 but you can't put a file large than 4 gb inside a fat 32 file system.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to format the 64 gb sd card to fat 32 but you can't put a file large than 4 gb inside a fat 32 file system.

you have a file that large? if you're trying to dump the mlc, it will create a series of 2GB files that you can merge together on the pc.

Langeo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to install a back up of pikmin 3. everything i've read so far says that you can only install games from the sd card. Is there a better way to do it?

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Make sure you use something such as SD Memory Card Formatter (https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/) to format the card. Since it's an SDXC card, it needs to be formatted a bit differently in fat32, and most built-in utilities on Windows and Mac don't tend to get it right.

Also, you could just install Coldboot Haxchi and then you don't have to worry about any errors from running Haxchi off the SD card, because it'll be on the internal storage and run at boot every time you turn the console on.

Langeo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh thanks I figured this out now. Im going to look into coldboot. Is that the same thing as installing custom firmware? I thought i already had it but some files say they need it to install in my wii u

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr