Hacking transfering games to internal hard drive

soopa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im currently sending NFS hot pursuit to the internal hard drive using blackbox ftp server
the game says its about 6.6 gigs
How long should it take for transfering games
I left it all night from 11pm to 10 am and theres still 6gb left to transfer

soopa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ya well I have to admit Im a f**king idiot for not changing the upload speed to unlimited

Maybe I would have the games finished by now.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use a wired connection for much faster speeds. It took me 6 hours to transfer a 22gb file wirelessly (Which failed with only 30 mins left in the end for getting disconnected

ferdi-t

Trophies
Website
ferdi-t.hyves.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
the PS3 doesn't store multiple connection settings like the PSP does for some reason :\ .
I assume that the difference is that the psp is a mobile device whereas the ps3 is a static one. You name a good reason to have multiple connections in the ps3 as well, but I doubt Sony had it in mind when they designed the fw.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ferdi-t said:
QUOTE said:
the PS3 doesn't store multiple connection settings like the PSP does for some reason :\ .
I assume that the difference is that the psp is a mobile device whereas the ps3 is a static one. You name a good reason to have multiple connections in the ps3 as well, but I doubt Sony had it in mind when they designed the fw.

The debug firmware allows multiple connections which supports your reason to why they only have 1.

Debug consoles probably require to connect to different networks by developers and its more convenient for them to easily switch between networks. I have switched to different networks about twice in my 6 months of owning a PS3 lol.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^ Exactly what I was thinking. I actually have a few friends that brings their console systems whenever they go to a friend's house. Hell I bring mine too when I go to my cousin's house since he doesn't have his own.

xraven13

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi everyone..
I didn't wanna open another similar thread so here is few questions :

1) If game is bigger then 4GB , can I play it from external HDD or I must transfer it to internal ?

2) My external HDD is formatted to fat32. One of files of EyePet backup is bigger then 4GB. How should I split that file so that game works ( runs ) after splitting ?

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xraven13 said:
Hi everyone..
I didn't wanna open another similar thread so here is few questions :

1) If game is bigger then 4GB , can I play it from external HDD or I must transfer it to internal ?You can play games that are larger than 4GB on an external but they tend to have less compatibility. Also, it's the games that has a file OVER 4GB such as a map file or customization file that you would have to transfer to internal since Fat32 partitions have issues with such file.

2) My external HDD is formatted to fat32. One of files of EyePet backup is bigger then 4GB. How should I split that file so that game works ( runs ) after splitting ?I am not too sure on this one but I think PS3splitter works for this.

xraven13

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
luke_c said:
The splitter is only used to transfer files from external hard drive to internal for example, you can't play games that have split parts.

What ? How can I play then games that have files bigger then 4 GB ?? Why would I even keep them on internal if I can't play them ? :s

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
xraven13 said:
luke_c said:
The splitter is only used to transfer files from external hard drive to internal for example, you can't play games that have split parts.

What ? How can I play then games that have files bigger then 4 GB ?? Why would I even keep them on internal if I can't play them ? :s

you can play them if they are in the PS3 hard drive.

xraven13

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Oki.
wink.gif

Just 1 more question, since I have EyePet Move E. that have 1 file bigger then 4 GB, I am wondering is there a maybe different "rip" that doesn't have so big file ?

The same question applies for all other games, is there more versions or there is always only single one .. ?

fiddlefaddle22

Trophies
XP
Country
The reason why NFSHP(7GB) takes so long to FTP to your PS3 HD is that it's PS3_GAME folder contains over 18,000 mainly small files in comparison to GT5(13GB) which has only 12 files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER