Transfer Save Data

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by JustChillin1414, Sep 22, 2010.

Sep 22, 2010

Transfer Save Data by JustChillin1414 at 4:04 AM (1,623 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. JustChillin1414
    OP

Member JustChillin1414 <3 Tiny Tina

Canada
    Well, basically me and my bro started a save file for castle crashers and I want to be able to play my character online on my account. I transferred the save files from my user and his to my usb drive and I tried replacing my save with his and it says, the data you are trying to copy is another user's data ect... YOU CAN'T USE IT. When I start Castle Crashers with his save it says, this is not your save data, if you continue a new save file will be created. I tried copying only certain files to the usb and then it says the data is corrupted. Here are the files: CC_0.DAT, ICON0.PNG, PARAM.PFD, PARAM.SFO I tried all the different combos and nothing worked. Is there any way to do this? I'm pretty computer savvy so hex editing isn't out of the question. Any idea how I could make this work?

2. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    ps3 saves are linked to a PSN account. too tired to explain but simply put the save file youre trying to use needs to be used on the original PSN ID.

3. JustChillin1414
    OP

Member JustChillin1414 <3 Tiny Tina

Canada
    Well... we never went online with the save. We've played local the whole time, shouldn't that be separate from the online part?

4. Blackpen

Newcomer Blackpen Member

Germany
    It doesn't matter if you were online or not,at least I think so,because the saves are locked to the account.Say you have to accounts on your PS3 and want to transfer a save from one to another,the transfer works,but save wont work ingame as It's another account youre playing with.It's kind of userlocked if you want it to put that way.

5. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    also its to keep trophies "legit." No DLing "X" save for "Y" trophy. Early/launch PS3 games never had this account lock. That's why you are able to DL MGS4 save files and use it as your own