Trading SecureInfo_A's

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by AquaX101, Mar 31, 2015.

1. AquaX101
    OP

AquaX101 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 15, 2014
    United States
    Somewhere
    Just to be clear, is it okay to exchange SecureInfo_A's on gbatemp? Just want to be sure because I have a europe and english secureinfo_a I want to trade for a japanese one, thanks

Margen67 likes this.
  2. Oishikatta

Oishikatta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 30, 2014
    United States
    Not in this forum at least, there have already been bricks and one locked thread.

boomie0123 likes this.
  3. jefffisher

jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2006
    United States
    the last thread was closed so no not right now, i think probably some rules need to be set in place first then they'd maybe go in the trading forum.
    unless i'm mistaken a secure info a that was already used on another 3ds and has gone online it wont allow you eshop access anyways so you'd need a new fresh one.
    if you aren't planning on using eshop you can probably just find one online.

4. AquaX101
    OP

AquaX101 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 15, 2014
    United States
    Somewhere
    Alright, i understand, is it okay in pms?

Margen67 likes this.
  5. Click This

Click This Surgite!

Feb 18, 2012
    United States
    New York, New York
    Used as in used in a swap already, or used as in has gone online in its lifetime?

6. jefffisher

Dec 17, 2006
    United States
    this isn't personal experience just what i've read but i believe that once you go into the eshop on a 3ds that secureinfo_a is permanently tied to that console somehow so using it in another console will not give you eshop access.
    EDIT: i had heard wrong please disregard everything i said yifan_lu corrected me.

7. Click This

Click This Surgite!

Feb 18, 2012
    United States
    New York, New York
    In other words... You pretty much have to buy an unopened 3DS? :I

8. Loaffy

Loaffy GBAtemp Regular

Mar 27, 2015
    Canada
    I don't think this is correct because I'm using the same secureinfo_A file as at least a dozen other people who have accessed the eshop with it, and I can go on the eshop fine. And it's not even the same region as my console.

P.S. secureinfo trading is not allowed in any form here, they even said no PMs.

no. you can trade privately for best results or risk using a publicly shared file like I am.

9. Click This

Click This Surgite!

Feb 18, 2012
    United States
    New York, New York
    As I understand Jeff's post though, any 3DS that has a NNID/gone online before would not work?

10. yifan_lu

yifan_lu @yifanlu

Apr 28, 2007
    United States
    I don't know how the secureinfo ehop banning rumor started but it's not true. eshop is tied to your Ctcert, which is burned into your 3DS at factory and cannot be changed without a hack (and changes would never be permanent). The reason why eshop doesn't work is because you're trying to connect to the wrong region eshop with your other region ctcert. Afaik, shop completely ignores your device serial as I've changed it randomly and still get the same response back.

11. froggestspirit

froggestspirit D/P/Pt Demix Guy

Jul 28, 2011
    United States
    Do the SecureInfo_A's get reset when doing a system format? If so, wouldn't there be a way to spoof the region while formatting to basically "generate" one of the region you want? (I'm completely new to region changing)

12. Click This

Click This Surgite!

Feb 18, 2012
    United States
    New York, New York
    So in other words, there would be no difference if the secureinfo has ever gone online before, then?

How would eShop be accessible on a swapped FW 3DS, then?

13. jefffisher

Dec 17, 2006
    United States
    thanks for clearing that up, does that mean no region changed 3ds will ever be able to go on eshop?

14. yifan_lu

yifan_lu @yifanlu

Apr 28, 2007
    United States
    SecureInfo_A is never "reset". It is signed by nintendo at factory and written to the NAND. You cannot generate it without nintendo's keys.

To access eshop you need either a) patch NIM to use a proxy and proxy the connection to use another device's ctcert (which has to be dumped from other 3ds's arm9) to access swapped region eshop or b) patch firm to use the japanese/original region eshop or c) as part of the ARM9 firm reboot hack (either into emunand or sysnand), patch the ctcert in memory to be the one from another 3ds. This essentially clones the other 3DS.

Codename likes this.
  15. boomie0123

boomie0123 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 11, 2010
    United States
    Would going through option C matter if you're going from JPN to US on N3DS, but using a US 3DS's ctcert and SecureInfo_A? Like, it would still use the capabilities of a N3DS essentially?