Hardware Touch screen calibration failure

Shirogane86x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, new user here. Since this morning my O3DS is having calibration problems. Basically I've tried calibration many times and top left, top right and bottom right all work well. But as you get closer to bottom left, the input goes farther and farther right. Is it an hardware problem or am I calibrating in a wrong way?

Shirogane86x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is the only way i can fix it to just replace the touch screen? Also a thing I noticed is that to have the calibration process complete I have to click slightly to the left when i touch the center, or else it doesn't complete

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Is the only way i can fix it to just replace the touch screen? Also a thing I noticed is that to have the calibration process complete I have to click slightly to the left when i touch the center, or else it doesn't complete
I don't know. It would depend where the fault was. The fault could be with the touch screen itself, or with the hardware to which the touch screen is connected (presumably the main board). The only way to diagnose the problem would be to swap the touch screen and see if the problem goes away.

Do you have CFW on your 3DS? If so, it might be worth trying something like setting up an emunand and see if the problem is still there, just to check whether it's definitely hardware. It's possible that something wrong in NAND could cause a weird problem like this, but it does sound more like hardware to me, especially if it occurred spontaneously.

Firemoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How much does a digitiser cost? Cause I know I can get a touch screen for about 5€,but at this point I might just as well replace both for good measure.
The digitiser is 5$ on Amazon. If you can actually get the LCD screen for 5€ that's a freaking good price.

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
I had this problem with my N3DS XL, it was a pressure related problem as the 3DS uses restive Digitisers, also try cleaning the digitiser thoroughly , also how pressure can be the problem is the two layers that make up the digitiser(not the Digitiser and screen) are touching each other at certain points.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.