Total game burn out

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Panzer Tacticer, Jun 20, 2010.

Jun 20, 2010

Total game burn out by Panzer Tacticer at 3:17 PM (766 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Panzer Tacticer
    OP

Member Panzer Tacticer veteran human

Canada
    I used to be on a couple of rom sites (till the immaturity of two of the better ones ruined my ability to care if they were ever on or not again). I used to keep track of what had been released and what had not.

But man, most of this year I have found it hard to even care.

Are there just too damn many DS games out there?

2. Michishige

Newcomer Michishige Advanced Member

Norway
    Or maybe you're just growing older? [​IMG]

3. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Long ago I hit that wall you did. I got into the earliest days of this with the old GB and Pasofami/Marat crap back in 1995-6 days. I used to scour for a full set of 8/16bit stuff for Nintendo, Sega, NEC, and Lynx too and had it. Also used to op #oldwarez and had more than I could ever would have thought I could log and rationally keep up with, used some but not very often which got grating. In time I minimized to just what I thought I'd use, then came down to no more warez and erased all the bunk I had for PC and most systems, and eventually got to where I keep stuff I intend to test and then like so it sits waiting for me to get the funds to buy it, and then I keep a ROM for carts I own and that's it. And that's hand held only and retro older systems as disc based stuff is just too time and storage sucking huge to bother with as discs don't get bit rot and shorts.

4. Panzer Tacticer
    OP

Member Panzer Tacticer veteran human

Canada

Ya think [​IMG]

You do realize I am likely one of the oldest persons on the site correct?

So not looking forward to being 50.

5. DjoeN

Member DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    Once and awhile i hit that wall.

I don't care what gets released, don't game that much and i don't feel the intrest of buying games (same for downloading)
    After a few months i get back, but mostly less intrested, so every now and then my intrest gets down into gaming and when it comes back it's always less stronger then before.

By the time i'm 50 (9 years and a few months away) , i prolly don't have any intrests into gaming anymore. [​IMG], just into donating my collection to my kids and there kids [​IMG]
    When i'm retired, al i have to do then is sit infront of my house and watch the youth go to school in the morning and come back in the evening and talk about the past
    when everything was better (what we believe was better), (i already do that now sometimes) and the wife, well she prolly will do the same, then what she's doing now ... [​IMG]

No need to worry that my kids and grand kids, will break something of the collection.