Gaming torrent program

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I need a torrent program other than utorrent.
My speed it fine but with utorrent it goes to below dialup speeds because all the ports are closed.
Which one should I get?

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I went and I got vuze and the download speed is a lot faster
with utorrent all i could get was about 20 kb max today if it was working at all
now i switched to vuze and i'm downloading at 70 kb/ps

i'll switch to the regular azeurus when this download finishes
i think i'll leave utorrent..

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was using uTorrent until I discovered it was the source of my internet issues. It is now uninstalled and I am installing Azurues 2.5.0.4 and hoping it will work on 64-bit Vista...it should though...

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
tomqman said:
i would go with Azureus Vuze
but i dont think any torrent client will open your ports

That's what UPnP is for. If you have it enabled on your router, your torrent program (if it supports it) can pick a random port to open - hourly if you want.

I use Azureus and Deluge. Both are good - they both support blocklists. Deluge seems to suck up all my bandwidth though (in exchange for very high speeds). I haven't tinkered with it much but it's very much like Azureus and UTorrent. It's also crossplatform and not written in Java.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
moozxy said:
If I switch to Azurues can I carry over the torrents I'm currently downloading/seeding on utorrent?

Just set the download location over to where utorrent is, open the torrents with azeurus and then they'll just check the torrent and pick up where utorrent left off.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Azureus and uTorrent are the top two torrenting programs out there right now, trust me, I did a lot of research on this.uTorrent is great for Windows while Azureus is great for all other operation systems. I would recommend Azureus for Windows users as well, but since its written in Java, you need the Java runtime files and running java applications tend to add a bit of overhead. Its up to you, some extra extra features in Azureus though with more of a performance hit or uTorrent.

At any rate, if your ports aren't open or your on a network that doesn't properly forward the ports to your computer or if your not set in a DMZ, don't expect great download speeds with any torrent program.

muckers

Trophies
XP
Country
I use Bitcomet, if I torrent. Always have done, always will do.

Though I did like Bitornado back in the day, when I first got into torrenting - seemed nice and basic, did what it needed, not too bloated as a piece of software.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use BitTornado after trying uTorrent and having problems and Azuerus and feeling that was much too heavy.

Give it a try
smile.gif

Also, shajal, read the rules. Please.

shajal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bob Loblaw said:
I use BitTornado after trying uTorrent and having problems and Azuerus and feeling that was much too heavy.

Give it a try
smile.gif

Also, shajal, read the rules. Please.

wat do u mean by that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro