rockmanz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My original ds lite had a cracked hinge (it cracked while i was opening my ds, really lame). Since my warranty expired i decided that changing cases would be for the best.
Anyway, today I was almost finished closing the ds when i was checking if everything worked. It didn't. My ds powers, my bottom screen works, touch works, sound works but the top screen displays what seems like half of what should be displayed (pic below might be of low quality but it shows what I mean). I checked the cable multiple times and it *seems* well connected. I also did not find any clear cracks of other weird things on the cable.
Does anyone have a vague idea of how to fix this? I don't have a solder station and neither do i know anyone near me who has one so that kind of complicates my choices.
Example pic

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try disconnecting and reconnecting? Sounds like it could fix the problem.

Also, it is really easy to break a cable, maybe run a really thorough check on that.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will look like it is connected, but sometimes the ribbon cable can fool. BE SURE that it is FULLY connected, pushing with as much forced as necessary. Don't be TOO hard, or the connection might snap. Also, check for dust and even debris that might have been lodged in the connection.

If this doesn't work, you're gonna have to get a new DS Top screen.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
It will look like it is connected, but sometimes the ribbon cable can fool. BE SURE that it is FULLY connected, pushing with as much forced as necessary. Don't be TOO hard, or the connection might snap. Also, check for dust and even debris that might have been lodged in the connection.

If this doesn't work, you're gonna have to get a new DS Top screen.

What are they, like $16.00 at Shoptemp?

rockmanz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply's. I pulled the cable in and out multiple times and really checked if it was entered okay so i guess the top screen has to be replaced. Only downside is that I dont know anyone with a soldering iron and I dont have any experience with them. Can anyone recommend me a cheap iron that will get the job done?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr