Homebrew Top 5 Homebrew Applications

robiul

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2008
Messages
538
Trophies
0
Location
United Kingdom
XP
227
Country
United States
Mine is:
1. MPlayer Ultimate Edition - the ability to play dvds, usb, sd, smb all-in-one
blush.gif

2. SNES9x - revisit the past and get stuck in into the older games
3. FTPii - able to explore SD/USB without getting off my arse
tongue.gif

4. Wii DVD Dumper - dump games without having to buy an lg drive, needs to be improved tho
5. WAD Manager - add customizable channels

Let's make it top 3.
 

skynth

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Dec 13, 2008
Messages
62
Trophies
0
Age
27
Location
Hehe... Location
Website
Visit site
XP
70
Country
1.backup launcher
2.wad manager (i think i install and uninstall 5 different wads a day)
3.Homebrew browser (too lazy to browse for 1 app at a time)

well, i love the fact that people try hard to make their own apps and wads, well watever, but those are my top 3.

the thought counts oh and next time post in this forum for topics such as this Wii general discussion
 

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2008
Messages
2,572
Trophies
0
Location
Helvetica
XP
189
Country
Swaziland
1) MPlayer Ultimate Edition (watch Lost Seson 5 on DVD..pure awesomeness
tongue.gif
)
2) WADManager (don't use it much..but hey...)
3) GeckoOs with 002-Fix (Life-saver)

That's my list
biggrin.gif
 

Rebound

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
363
Trophies
0
XP
206
Country
skynth said:
1.backup launcher
2.wad manager (i think i install and uninstall 5 different wads a day)
3.Homebrew browser (too lazy to browse for 1 app at a time)

well, i love the fact that people try hard to make their own apps and wads, well watever, but those are my top 3.

the thought counts oh and next time post in this forum for topics such as this Wii general discussion
Actually I think he has the right forum
tongue.gif


I would Say
1. GeexBox
2. RiskiiMod
3. Wad Manager
4.FTpii
5. Homebrew Browser
 

robiul

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2008
Messages
538
Trophies
0
Location
United Kingdom
XP
227
Country
United States
Rebound said:
skynth said:
1.backup launcher
2.wad manager (i think i install and uninstall 5 different wads a day)
3.Homebrew browser (too lazy to browse for 1 app at a time)

well, i love the fact that people try hard to make their own apps and wads, well watever, but those are my top 3.

the thought counts oh and next time post in this forum for topics such as this Wii general discussion
Actually I think he has the right forum
tongue.gif


I would Say
1. GeexBox
2. RiskiiMod
3. Wad Manager
4.FTpii
5. Homebrew Browser

GeeXbox
wacko.gif

Homebrew browser does same thing as what the channel does.
 

maduin

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
417
Trophies
0
Age
40
XP
309
Country
United States
robiul said:
GeeXbox
wacko.gif

Homebrew browser does same thing as what the channel does.

actually, no it doesn't. They are two different programs. The Homebrew Browser is a seperate application that lets you browse and download homebrew directly off the internet onto your card from the Wii, with no need to use a computer to get your homebrew. Trust me, it doesn't do the same thing.

1. Geexbox, let's you use an NTFS formated USB HDD to view files off of
2. Mplayer, for DVDs
3. Wadmanager 1.3 for wad installation
4. Gecko OS, for launching troublesome import games
5. Homebrew Browser, as stated above.
 

robiul

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2008
Messages
538
Trophies
0
Location
United Kingdom
XP
227
Country
United States
maduin said:
actually, no it doesn't. They are two different programs. The Homebrew Browser is a seperate application that lets you browse and download homebrew directly off the internet onto your card from the Wii, with no need to use a computer to get your homebrew. Trust me, it doesn't do the same thing.

1. Geexbox, let's you use an NTFS formated USB HDD to view files off of
2. Mplayer, for DVDs
3. Wadmanager 1.3 for wad installation
4. Gecko OS, for launching troublesome import games
5. Homebrew Browser, as stated above.

Oh yeah sorry wrong one, I was thinking of something else.
 

Don Killah

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2002
Messages
1,171
Trophies
0
Age
47
Website
Visit site
XP
611
Country
France
1. Homebrew Browser
2. BackupLauncher v0.3G 002Fix (launches everything even imports in such a smooth way)
3. WadManager 1.3
4. MplayerWii, runs fast (who needs a topnotch gui ?)
5. GeexBox, because it supports subs and i can watch my anime and yet unreleased movies/series.
 

DuskLord

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jul 7, 2007
Messages
26
Trophies
0
Age
39
Website
Visit site
XP
190
Country
Finland
Wow, quite a lot of folks out there willingly using their Wii's DVD drive for movies. Wouldn't take the risk of wearing it out myself...

My list, numbered by hours used...

1. FCEU
2. VBA GX
3. Genesis Plus
4. Wad Manager

And finally 5th (mostly an honorable mention) GeexBox, haven't really used it that much yet but I love running xvid on my TV from a memory card.
 
D

Deleted User

Guest
wearing it out??

Playing games is wearing the laser off too you know.

Anyway, mine is:

1.FTPii
2.Geckos
3.Mplayer CE
4.GeexBox
5.Wad manager.
 

DuskLord

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jul 7, 2007
Messages
26
Trophies
0
Age
39
Website
Visit site
XP
190
Country
Finland
afif95 said:
wearing it out??

Playing games is wearing the laser off too you know.

This has been talked about for years already (with the PS2 etc)... Games don't require constant reading of the data on the disc, while DVD movies do spin and read all the time, which wears the system out way more efficiently. I wouldn't wear out my chipped Wii, worth around ~400 euros, while watching movies that can be watched with a 30 euro player that wouldn't hurt my wallet if it broke. That is why I prefer using GeexBox to run Xvid movies from a cheap SD card instead.
 

LxTrix

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
613
Trophies
0
XP
253
Country
United States
1. Wad Manager (WiiWare Games & Backups are fun)
2. MFE (Most stable working media player tho gamecube control sucks and wish it played mkv)
3. Geexbox (second most stable video player)
4. snes9x (most stable emulator)
5. Wiibrator (fun to watch)
 

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: Nerds big chew are pretty bomb worth getting Nerds Big Chewy Candy 10 oz...