Tonyhax 1.4.3 issue

Zaku2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting this error message when trying to write tonyhax to the memory card using annihalator . I've tried 4 different cards two being new. It says "selected file already exist . Are you sure you want to overwrite." There is no way these cards already have it on them . I've also tried hitting overwrite and then it dose not boot up properly just gos to normal memory card screen
Any solutions??

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Though you didn't explicitly mention it, I'll assume you are talking about the FreePSXBoot based entrypoint for Tonyhax ("just goes to normal memory card screen").

Memory Card Annihilator (MCA) doesn't write single files to Memory Card, it creates and restores images. Those images are – of course – a file on the USB drive in the PS2. "Overwrite file" sounds like overwriting the file on USB… so… I'm confused here.

In my case MCA didn't even acknowledge the presence or the .mcd files from FreePSXBoot releases (but my memory is a bit blurred). I had to rename them to .mcr for having them appear.
=============

For installing the game specific exploit files (normal files for Memory Card) instead of FreePSXBoot based version: Use uLaunchELF.

Good luck and have fun!

Zaku2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Though you didn't explicitly mention it, I'll assume you are talking about the FreePSXBoot based entrypoint for Tonyhax ("just goes to normal memory card screen").

Memory Card Annihilator (MCA) doesn't write single files to Memory Card, it creates and restores images. Those images are – of course – a file on the USB drive in the PS2. "Overwrite file" sounds like overwriting the file on USB… so… I'm confused here.

In my case MCA didn't even acknowledge the presence or the .mcd files from FreePSXBoot releases (but my memory is a bit blurred). I had to rename them to .mcr for having them appear.
=============

For installing the game specific exploit files (normal files for Memory Card) instead of FreePSXBoot based version: Use uLaunchELF.

Good luck and have fun!
I'm using ulaunchelf , and after I get into annihalator to write the mcr image I get the "overwrite data notification "
Everything shows up fine in ulauaunch and I'm. NOt useing the freepsxboot using the tonyhax file so it should just launch after I select memory card but it's not its just going to a blank memory card screen.

Attachments

• 20211008_203430.jpg
    20211008_203430.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 50

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Spot the difference, Deal or no deal, can't remember the others lol