Tomb raider AOD slow motion fix?

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Metoroid0, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Metoroid0
    OP

Metoroid0 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 2, 2012
    United States
    K-2L
    Ok so, i downloaded TR angel of darkness for PS2 and im runing it from USB. its fine, everything is cool, except when im on roof the time like it slows down, im guessing its the games fault of being to intensive graphically for ps2.
    Is there some fix for this?

2. chocoboss

chocoboss GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2016
    France
    FRANCE
    Use smb share with opl instead of USB ?

3. Metoroid0
    OP

Metoroid0 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 2, 2012
    United States
    K-2L
    Im trying to configure that, but i get error 300 cannot connect to network....

4. chocoboss

Jun 25, 2016
    France
    FRANCE
    I use an orange pi as nas to share games with my PS2 you should set jour ps2 IP to the same network as your nas / computer for exemple 192.168.1.10 / 255.255.255.0 for the ps2 and 192.168.1.11 / 255.255.255.0 for the computer. I usualy call my share PS2 and I use a password and an username. There is some nice explaination of that on youtube.

I forgot there is also file structure to keep

Last edited by chocoboss, Apr 22, 2017
  5. Metoroid0
    OP

Metoroid0 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 2, 2012
    United States
    K-2L
    Yeah, i did all that, i watched videos and read, but i get error..i dont understand netvork settings much but i try to figure. ill try that what you said.
    Anyway, I was thinking on getting Pi for that.
    Also, i have a question...i have one ethernet out from my motherboard on pc, i conected that out to my router port 1 (it has 4 ports) now i conected my PS2 to router's port 2.....so i can have internet on my PC and use HDD to play games over netvorn on PS2. Will that work?

6. chocoboss

Jun 25, 2016
    France
    FRANCE
    Yes it should work like that. I assume that you have a DHCP on your router, you should try to run a cmd on your computer and run ipconfig to know how your network is ( should be something like 192.168.X.Y / 255.255.255.0 ) then set your ps2 network to 192.168.X.(Y+1) with the right netmask and gateway. After that you should be able to "ping" your PS2 using your computer.

I never use public share for everyone, I use password + username it is better ( the "everyone" is not working nice since vista )

7. Metoroid0
    OP

Metoroid0 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 2, 2012
    United States
    K-2L
    I see...thet's cool! let me try that!
    Thanks by the way...!

chocoboss likes this.
  8. chocoboss

Jun 25, 2016
    France
    FRANCE
    I was thinking of removing my optical drive from my PS2 and replacing it by a raspberry pi, but I think I Will buy an other since I own many dvd game

Metoroid0 likes this.
  9. Metoroid0
    OP

Metoroid0 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 2, 2012
    United States
    K-2L
    Thats probably best imo, i usually dont like to ruin original looks so its better to have one original and other to mod :D
    I was thinking of doing the same with my Dreamcast.

Anyway, whenever i set static IP i loose internet :/

Can i contact you in inbox? Is that ok, if you want to help e a bit to set up this? im really having trouble to figure this out...

10. Metoroid0
    OP

Metoroid0 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 2, 2012
    United States
    K-2L
    One question though, im still trying this to make it work i cant find any decent tutorial:D

Do i need crossover cable or i can use regular cat5 cable i have that came with router?

EDIT: I made it. Thanks :) Im gonna test Tomb Raider now...

Last edited by Metoroid0, Apr 22, 2017
    chocoboss likes this.
  11. chocoboss

Jun 25, 2016
    France
    FRANCE
    Good job ! So what is your IP configuration ? Does it work better ? Crossover cable is needed if you plug your ps2 directly to your computer standard is good on your case :)

Sorry for not being there I was taking my car to the car repairer :(

Metoroid0 likes this.
  12. Metoroid0
    OP

Metoroid0 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 2, 2012
    United States
    K-2L
    Nah its ok.
    Oh so crossover for directly from pc ot ps2.. i see... i dont have 2 ethernet ports on my motherboard but i use router. it works great :) Idk it crosover is faster though...not that this isnt fast, but i do see shatterings here and there in some fmv's, idk if that is due to the game or speed o thansmition..will crossover fix that?

13. chocoboss

Jun 25, 2016
    France
    FRANCE
    Crossover cable will not help you for better speed. I will try the game tonight and tell you how it is for me.