TitleDB replacement

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Multimegamander, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Multimegamander
    OP

Multimegamander Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    I know I've been a cuck to the scene, and I'm sorry, I didn't want to see TitleDB die, so I made a clone, all new homebrew has to be manually added, to prevent abuse, I gave proper credits (a link can be found on the bottom of the page)

https://haxx.guide

Last edited by Multimegamander, Jan 6, 2019
    sks316, emuashui and Zeldaplayer67 like this.
  2. Multimegamander
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    I'll add QR codes, and more homebrew when I get home from school
    unless I'm too high to do anything ofc

3. Sinon

Sinon "AutumnWolf!"

Sep 15, 2015
    Costa Rica
    Umm... sorry, but who are you?

Last edited by Sinon, Jan 4, 2019
    Essasetic, ThoD and wormdood like this.
  4. Zeldaplayer67

Zeldaplayer67 (Secretly a Yo-Kai)

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    The Moon
    The guy who is gonna save the homebrew scene, by making a better titledb!

Last edited by Zeldaplayer67, Jan 4, 2019
    E1ite007, SCOTT0852 and Namesnipe like this.
  5. Nemos59

Nemos59 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2018
    France
    Somewhere
    There's nothing to save... There's still the old way: just move CIA files directly to your SD card, then install them with FBI...

6. ZeroFX

ZeroFX Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Uhhh, and you?

7. Zeldaplayer67

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    The Moon
    How about saving the effort of taking out your sd putting it in your pc moving the files to the sd putting the sd in the 3ds going to fbi and installing it.

Sinon likes this.
  8. Multimegamander
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Back from school, I'm high but still functional, will add more HB, and add QR codes :P

hectortillo likes this.
  9. Zeldaplayer67

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    The Moon
    I know a guy named @Jayenkai who makes a bunch of 3ds homebrew games you should ask him if you can put his games on your site.

10. Multimegamander
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Will do.

11. LiquidFenrir

LiquidFenrir Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    France
    Well if I can advertise myself a little, there's also MultiUpdater that's automatic (mostly)

12. Multimegamander
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    ehh, uses JSON, so it's 99% automatic

13. smileyhead

smileyhead So long, and thanks for all the fish

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    @Multimegamander Hey, I have some constructive criticism about the looks of your site. I've designed UIs before and I can see a couple of problems with yours.
    I see you're trying to create a Material Design page, but it just looks... off. I'd suggest you read (or at least look through) the Material Design Guidelines. They'd help a lot with the arrangement of things and such.
    I can also see you're using different shades of blue to construct the site's colour palette, but you're using too many colours and the contrast in places is pretty bad. You can create colour palettes easily with the Material Colour Tool.
    One last thought, the plain text at the bottom of the page looks weird. I think you should incorporate that text and the credits into a dialogue box (not a browser dialogue, of course, but an actual overlay) triggered by an "(i)" button on the right-hand side of the top bar.

14. Multimegamander
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    upload_2019-1-5_6-44-15.

This is the final site, both titledb.haxx.guide and haxx.guide lead to the same site, I'll add more homebrew, ads, and a donation button, hopefully this gets added to FBI :P

15. Jayenkai

Jayenkai Makes Games

Dec 25, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Bolton, England
    Important Security Note : If you add X Homebrew Game, and link to X Homebrew Game's Server download, then the developer switches out X Homebrew Game for X Pirated Rom, you're still going to be linking to it from your database.
    Unless you have complete control, you do not have complete control.

If you're going to do this at all, one important piece of the puzzle is to contact FBI and all similar apps, to ask if they'd redirect their internal database handling to make use of your new database. Also, you're going to need a REALLY good server to keep this all up and running, and that will more than likely prove costly, especially if 1,000 homebrew apps and all of their thousands of users, suddenly switch to using your server's database.
    Be very very careful, because that initial spike could seriously cost you quite a fair amount, if your server isn't on a bandwidth cap. (and will vice-versa lead to complaints if the site fails due to said bandwidth cap)

Also, Nintendo will probably come a-knockin', so always be wary of that.

But otherwise, best of luck to you. Just be really careful, and absolutely sure that you're wanting to do this.
    All my games can be found here, with the 3DS icons obviously leading to the zips.

16. Multimegamander
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2018
    United States

Since I made this post, I've gotten almost 5K people that went to the site in the past 24 hours, with nearly nothing, and no dev is going to switch redirect a GH link to a rom....

17. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 Kid now, squid now

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
  18. Nemos59

Nemos59 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2018
    France
    Somewhere
  19. Multimegamander
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    The project is discontinued for three reasons; TinyDB exists, I can't use Flagbrew apps (PKSM, Checkpoint, etc.), Steviece10 rejected my TDB-2.0 from FBI, and TinyDB is being implemented

The site still functions, but the GitHub is read only, unless I reopen it

Fuck it, it's back open, making a lot of changes

Last edited by Multimegamander, Jan 19, 2019
  20. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    Why exactly am I not surprised this didnt last long?