ROM Hack Title ID for Pokemon TCG

Ailuros27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to inject my original save from many years ago for Pokemon Trading Card Game into the VC equivalent on my 3DS. JK's Save Manager (not sure what version) does not work. It's attempting to delete a secure value (it says "Secure value deleter code by @Gocario) but I'm not sure this game even has one. If it does, then JK's Save Manager isn't doing it correctly, because nothing changes when I load up the game. The original save I first created after downloading it appears, not the one I tried to inject. I tried resetting the game via the VC menu so it would read the sav.dat rather than the restore point, but that didn't work either. So I'm going to try SaveDataFiler next, but a Google search for the title ID for Pokemon TCG turns up nothing. And 3dsdb.com has nothing, either.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1- Yes, the regular VC emulators don't have secure values, AFAIK

2- Try deleting the 2 savestate files, maybe?

3- If you installed from a cia, select the cia in FBI (install mode), and you can see the title ID on top; otherwise, find out the size from settings, and in delete title mode find something that reasonably matches (conventional name is CTR-G-????, size is a little less than blocks*128kB...)

Ailuros27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought it legitly from the eShop, so I'll have to figure it out myself some way. I'm going to try a more recent version of JK's Save Manager first. Also, I already tried deleting the savestate files. No luck there. It actually gave me a "The save data is corrupted and will be initialized" error when I did that.

Gocario

GBAFail'd
Trophies
XP
Country
France
JKSM is sending a request to the 3ds to delete the secure value from the NAND.
It doesn't touch the save itself.

You may want to use svdt/tvds to open the whole save archive and see what is inside (to delete/move the files).

Ailuros27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did that once before, and all that's in there is what I've seen in every old VC game so far: rsm1.dat, rsm2.dat, and sav.dat

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This page told me it's QBBE, so I looked for that in FBI's Delete Title mode and found it:
000400000011a000
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gbc/250612-pokemon-trading-card-game/data

Last edited by Ailuros27,

Ailuros27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I got it. I don't know which steps worked or why, but it worked. Here is what I did:
I opened SaveDataFiler, scrolled down to "011a0" and pressed X to restore it to factory default. This made it appear in SaveDataFiler as "broken" so I exited SDF and opened the game long enough for it to initialize new save data and get to the title screen, then exited to the home menu.
I opened SaveDataFiler again, scrolled down to "011a0" and pressed A. Once inside, I deleted "rsm1.dat" and "rsm2.dat"
I then backed out and scrolled back down to "011a0" and pressed R+X to delete any secure value it may have had, even though it doesn't appear to have any.
Next, I exported the data from the game (in order to create a folder in "filer" on the SD card).
Then I copied the save from my original GBC cartridge from another folder on the SD card to the folder SaveDataFiler created, overwriting the blank save.
Finally, I opened SaveDataFiler one last time to import the data, which imported the old cartridge save.

After all this, when I opened Pokémon Trading Card Game again, it said "Save data is corrupted and will be initialized" but when I got to the title screen and pressed A, the continue option was still there, along with my old cartridge save. So, in the end, I'm not sure exactly which of these steps caused it to work, but I CAN say that simply importing the cartridge save using the February 3rd version of JK's Save Manager (without deleting the savestate files) did NOT work.

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
The ID is 000400000011a100, if your using BigBlueBox look for 011A1. (For the European version anyway)

I dumped my save from my original cartridge and managed to restore it, with some effort.

I seem to remember the 3DS kept loading a snapshot and not my actual save, so i created a snapshot of my save in an emulator and restored that, along with my actual save. The end result is I had my original save on the 3DS after a bit of messing around.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn